Senior Corporate Counsel – Regulatory, Healthcare at Oracle
Senior Corporate Counsel – Regulatory, Healthcare
- United States
- Job Identification 100150
- Job Category Legal
- Locations United States
- Does this position require a security clearance? No
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages English
- Additional Info Visa / work permit sponsorship is not available for this position
Corporate Counsel – Regulatory, Healthcare
Location: United States (excluding Colorado)
About the Company:
Oracle is one of the world’s leading information technology companies as a provider of cloud infrastructure and enterprise application solutions, as well as on premise database and application software, engineered systems and services. Oracle’s technology can be found in nearly every industry and in the data centers of most Fortune 100 companies. Hundreds of thousands of customers, including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises and leading government agencies trust Oracle to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs.
Play a relevant role in helping Oracle achieve our goal of providing computing infrastructure, software and cloud services to organizations around the world to transform the way business is done, help our customers achieve success and help address challenges facing the world.
If you are a proactive, multifaceted professional wanting to expand your knowledge of legal and business topics within the world of technology and to have the opportunity to grow and learn in an exciting and fast paced environment, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you!
About the Team:
Our Regulated Industries Legal Team works directly with customers of Oracle products and enterprise cloud services as well as our internal business groups with a deep focus on financial and healthcare regulatory compliance issues. In a cloud-first, mobile-first world, we work to address cloud compliance issues that are critical to Oracle customers of all sizes globally who work in highly regulated industries. Our team works to build new and creative approaches to problem solving and facilitating contracting for and use of Oracle’s products and services by such customers. We advise and collaborate with Oracle business leaders and external specialists on sophisticated, industry leading legal and regulatory compliance matters.
About The Role:
As Corporate Counsel reporting to the Lead of the Regulated Industries Legal Team, you will work on the most exciting legal issues as the evolving regulatory landscape and technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. Projects and negotiations you tackle will challenge you to think big and differently! Collaborate on initiatives that influence all aspects of Oracle’s business and work with fellow Oracle employees from all over the company. Work with people that are passionate about their craft and what they deliver. Our attorneys have instinctively good judgment and outstanding integrity. To be successful in this role, you should have the ability to multi task and work both independently and within the team.
One area of focus will include proactively assessing legal regulatory issues facing customers and providing counsel on requirements and solutions needed to help our clients achieve compliance. This will include assessment of our products and services and implications to Oracle operations. The speed of change in the regulatory landscape raises questions that demand solutions and leadership.
Another focus area will be supporting and enabling Oracle’s healthcare initiatives. One example of these initiatives includes the rollout of the Oracle Health Management System (HMS) to governments and entities to help lead COVID-19 testing, therapeutic and vaccination programs in the United States and globally. Efforts will include working with Oracle’s product management and business development teams. You will provide legal advice to these organizations, along with drafting and negotiating of agreements to support critical initiatives.
Encouraged Tasks Include:
Counsel on legal regulatory matters impacting our customers’ use of Oracle products with a focus on cloud services in the healthcare industries
Lead and participate in the development of a corporate wide regulatory program, policies and processes to address regulatory requirements affecting our customers’ use of cloud services
Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams including internal development, cloud operations, security, business practices, marketing and sales teams to help progress the regulatory program goals and initiatives
Provide support regarding regulatory issues to facilitate the completion of commercial transactions
- If you have a JD with 6+years of legal experience and extensive knowledge of U.S. healthcare regulations applicable to companies using IT products and services, Oracle can put this experience to work.
- Specific experience working as a regulatory lawyer in-house or in private practice is required. Familiarity with healthcare regulations from other regions is also preferred.
- Technical security education or experience is not required but looked upon favorably.
- A law degree from a competitive law school with strong academic credentials and are licensed to practice law in the U.S. with current state bar admission in good standing.
- Robust experience handling regulatory issues in healthcare services industries with a good understanding of global trends and developments in enforcement.
- Examples of healthcare regulatory focus include: FDA CFR 21-11; HIPAA/HITECH; HITRUST; GxP
- Professional demeanor, confident and innovative with ability to effectively counsel senior executives and clients
- Excellent writing, analysis, negotiation and partnership skills and read, write, and speak the following languages: English
- Problem solver (not just an issue spotter) with creative and innovative approach along with strong decision making abilities
- Outstanding project management and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional business orientation and ability to balance legal considerations with commercial priorities
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and continually evolving business environment
- Oracle’s Modern Approach to Work and Other Perks
Oracle has implemented a flexible employee work location policy. This means that employees can work from home part time or all the time even after the COVID pandemic is over. Oracle believes that by letting our employees choose where to work (home, a local office or a mixture of the two) we further improve their quality of life.
In addition to allowing employees a choice in where to work:
- We invest in our people using trainings, conferences and other resources
- Oracle offers fantastic benefits, including the following:
- 401(K) Savings and Investment Plan (with company match)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Eligible for bonus and equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance
- Heath care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Financial planning and group legal
- Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
- Oracle perks rewards program
- Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
- Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization.
- Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services.
- May perform litigation on Oracle’s behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel.
- May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements.
- May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance.
- Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions.
- Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers.
- Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a wide range of sub disciplines within the individual’s specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 8+ years related experience.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines.
- Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions.
- Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 100150 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!