Senior Corporate Counsel at Virbela
Senior Corporate Counsel
- United States
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performance driven leadership and accountability for transactional matters (e.g., SaaS contracts, software and technology partnerships, etc.) with the ability to work collaboratively with sales groups and technical groups, manage independently and overcome obstacles to produce results in a timely fashion.
- Participate in overseeing the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice and counseling.
- Support General Counsel to maintain strong business relationships for the legal department among the various internal business groups requiring support.
- Provide advice on the interpretation, implementation and administration of policies and procedures; draft memoranda, policies, procedures and legal documents as needed.
- Perform legal research, analyze, organize, and strategize effectively.
- Contributing to Legal team efforts to improve internal process and efficiency.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment commensurate with specialized legal skills and experience.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction that encompass the company’s core values.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Juris Doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Admission to a state bar and currently in good standing
- 7+ years of experience practicing law in the fields of technology-related contracts, SaaS, Data Security/Privacy, and intellectual property.
- Experience with cost-effective management of outside legal resources.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal – to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Ability to make recommendations and difficult decisions to implement best practices.
- Experience drafting and revising legal documents from templates and preparing policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Results-driven with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills in Google and Microsoft products.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and hold teams accountable to execute.
- Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations
Virbela is pleased to offer its staff a full and competitive benefits package. Highlights include:
- Full employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance with buy-up options
- 401(k) with company match
- Stock Options
- Generous paid time off policy
- Company Discounts
Virbela is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment. Equal Employment Opportunity(EEO) is the law
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!