Senior Corporate Accountant at Netlify
Senior Corporate Accountant
At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the Opportunity:
Netlify is looking to hire an exceptional Senior Accountant to help build a world-class finance & accounting team! This will be a foundational role that will help scale the company and set the company’s accounting department for success in the future.
What are we looking for
- Help own the accounting function including but not limited to month-end close, financial statement preparation, billing review, tax filings, billing and software maintenance
- Support in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of accounting software such as Avalara, Netsuite, Airbase, Zuora and more
- Review JE’s, completeness of accruals, and other accounts as part of month-end close
- Analyze and be able to present on month end flux and budget vs. actual
- Work closely with the rest of the team in managing month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Partner cross-functionally to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, report preparation, and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Assist in the administration of financial operations software (Airbase, TripActions, Netsuite, Zuora, QuickBooks, Braintree, etc.)
- Draft and propose accounting policies and procedures to help scale company
- Help analyze new and existing transactions to continue making sure we are US GAAP compliant
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a role that is both operational, but also strategic and technical! We are constantly thinking about how to shape and set goals for the accounting / finance functions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with preferably a mix of public practice and operational accounting
- Proficiency with systems such as QBO, Netsuite, AP software and advanced knowledge of MS Excel using large datasets
- Some tax compliance experience in state filings
- Excited to implement new systems and help scale both the company and department
- Zuora system experience is strongly preferred.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Strong communication skills to be able to present to other business partners across the company.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Meet the finance team and business partners, and become deeply familiar with Netlify’s services and product offerings
- Deep dive into Netlify’s accounting, month end close process and learn about our reporting cadence and process
- Become familiar with the various accounting systems used by Netlify (e.g., payroll, Zuora, Airbase, QBO etc.)
- Become deeply familiar with our order to cash cycle and AR and AP processes
- Become familiar with our Enterprise contracts and its nuances
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Take lead on the financial close process, including reviewing staff accountants journal entries, booking complex JE’s as well as making sure we maintain a 5 business day close.
- Implement and draft new policies both in technical accounting as well as documenting our other processes to continue in helping scale the company as we hire more employees
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of NetSuite
- Assist in the implementation of state tax compliance software and maintenance of state tax filings.
- Assist in our audit readiness strategy to make sure we are U.S. GAAP compliant
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Proudly reflect on all the great work you have done this far!
- Begin leading the month end close discussions and meetings with the broader finance team
- Start thinking through and analyze other accounting software (such as FloQast) that may help in scaling the department.
- Be a gatekeeper for all accounting policies and JE’s to make sure we stay U.S. GAAP compliant
- Independently be able to surface new problems to management and be able to act and resolve these problems
At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so this timeline is intended to show you an example of what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we’re always iterating, learning, and growing, thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We’re excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we’ve ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!