Remote/Lanham, MD/Denver, CO/Los Angeles, CA/Philadelphia, PA/Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Seattle, WA
We’re looking for a senior-level copywriter to join our growing in-house creative team. This position requires at least five years of experience writing marketing copy, including for SEO-driven webpages, data-driven advertising, and strategic email campaigns.
The senior copywriter is expected to represent the creative team with marketing stakeholders as well as assist with mentoring and training new hires.
Writing samples are required for this position. Include a link to samples with your application and cover letter.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Write copy across media, including display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc.
- Seek out and manage creative projects that strengthen our brands.
- Manage new program launches and the creation of brand style guides without oversight.
- Independently drive and manage messaging and creative strategy across programs.
- Establish and maintain the voice, tone and brand identity for multiple 2U partner programs.
- Act as a leader and mentor in the creative team, offering support to team leadership.
- Work closely with junior writers, help them understand marketing strategy, and review their work.
- Establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to understand and communicate best practices across a range of data-driven marketing formats as well as performance data.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Must have knowledge of AP and Chicago style and experience using client style guides
- Experience in higher education is preferred
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to think of creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Openness to feedback and ability to take direction
- Ability to drive projects without a lot of oversight