Senior Copywriter at Strava
- Denver, CO, Remote (USA), San Francisco, CA
About This Role
Strava is seeking a Senior Copywriter who can address a wide spectrum of our creative needs. That means you’ll play a key role at the very start of our projects as a fearless generator of ideas and a creative foil for your colleagues, then carry those ideas through rounds of stakeholder feedback with thoughtful presentations, and ultimately bring those ideas to life with clear and compelling copywriting. Although this position is rooted within marketing, you’ll flow freely across various groups in the organization (e.g., product, design and business development), assisting anyone who needs sharp writing or creative problem solving.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Create big ideas, campaigns, activations, experiences and ads
- Write manifestos, scripts, blogs, emails and in-app communications
- Present concepts, works in progress and final creative
- Proofread anything and everything that crosses your path
- Listen and adapt to feedback from your colleagues and athlete research
- Partner with other members of the organization to amplify their work
- Believe in the Strava brand and constantly look to inject our values into the work and advocate in the interests of the athlete
- Wholeheartedly cultivate an anti-racist writer’s mindset and craft
We’re excited about you because:
- You’re collaborative and egoless. We list this first because we really mean it. You’ll be part of a kind and generous team that will be completely committed to your success, and we expect the same in return.
- You have 5+ years of professional copywriting. That said, it’s not about how many years you’ve been working – it’s about your maturity as a creative.
- You have proven conceptual experience. You’ve successfully generated winning concepts and experiences for respected brands.
- You have great presentation skills. You can confidently articulate a concept and sell a room on your idea.
- You have a strong grasp of the athlete’s lexicon and an informed understanding of what makes them tick. You have to know how to motivate athletes.
- You’re hard-working and autonomous. You’ll be creating important work with little supervision.
- You’re thick-skinned and dependably optimistic. You can balance your desire for perfection with a sense of humor and a resilient spirit.
- Your tolerance for spelling errors and bad grammar is inspiringly low.
- You’re intellectually curious and globally minded. We serve all kinds of athletes from all kinds of places.
Candidates must author an original and compelling cover letter to be considered. Have some fun and show us what you got.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!