Senior Content Strategist, Community at Reddit
Senior Content Strategist, Community
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As the Senior Content Strategist on the Community Team, you will be responsible for Reddit’s most visible user-facing communication channel, r/reddit. You’ll help lead the editorial vision for the stories we’ll share with users over the course of each week, month, and year. You’ll work with stakeholders from every team across Reddit to help organize and elevate the stories, announcements, and news they want to share with users, and make sure we’re communicating authentically, transparently, and with a consistent tone and voice. You’ll help develop the official community voice and style guide, and work closely with writers and freelancers to ensure our content adheres to those guidelines.
We are a diverse team that is committed to building an inclusive environment. We’re not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
What You’ll Do
- r/reddit editorial calendar development and management
- Copywriting, copyediting, and co-authorship with cross-functional partners across Reddit
- Content development, creative strategy, and feedback management with stakeholders
- Development of community voice and style guide
- Sourcing and management of freelance writers
- Collaboration with Community Moderators to ensure successful posts and discussions
Who You Might Be
- 4-6+ years relevant experience leading editorial and content strategy for online communities
- Professional experience in Community Management, Communications, or Product Marketing
- Passionate about storytelling and building community through content
- Proven success in leading large editorial projects in a highly cross-functional environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and editing skills – equally comfortable authoring original content, ghost-writing, or workshopping posts to help maximize impact for readers.
- An ally and resolution builder; can understand the goals of everyone in the room and find a path forward that isn’t just acceptable, but satisfying
- Familiarity with Reddit’s community culture, user trends, and behaviors
This position can work from anywhere in the US or Canada and will primarily be collaborating with US-based teams in the pacific time zone.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.