Senior Content Marketing Manager at Houzz
Senior Content Marketing Manager (Remote)
- Palo Alto, California or Remote, U.S.
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for an experienced content marketing leader to join our team and own content marketing strategy from ideation to execution. Your goal is to capture top-of-funnel traffic and drive conversion for Houzz Pro software through a robust content experience. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in copywriting and marketing content. This role will report to the Vice President, Industry Marketing. The marketing team is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, but the role can be remote in the U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Increase inbound organic traffic, engagement and conversion across owned websites, social media, and email programs in partnership with SEO & Email teams
- Lead, manage and scale the marketing strategy for Houzz Pro content and creative development of customer engagement materials around our buyers’ journeys and across various mediums
- Create and lead development of high-quality, engaging content—articles, case studies, research and more
- Create and scale outreach to gain placements and drive traffic from relevant 3rd party websites and blogs.
- Establish and manage workflow in pursuit of developing and disseminating world-class content sourced from a variety of places (your writing, internal writers, freelancers, product marketing)
- Research, test, and optimize content marketing strategy (personas, channels, calls-to-action, content type, distribution) to determine the most successful engagement formulas that maximize impact and exceed benchmarks over time
- Create and manage our editorial calendar that considers optimization of content for search engines while using analytics to surface insights and impact strategies
- Measure, analyze and report on how our content influences engagement, lead quality, and conversion. Responsible for a portion of organic traffic and conversion growth
- Identify the latest trends in content marketing materials, platforms, and technology
- Inspire and lead a best-in-class content marketing team, including working cross-functionally with video and product teams
- Manage budget for this function including freelancers
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- 5+ years of content marketing expertise that includes creating and building content and campaigns designed to bring new offerings to market that drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Reputable digital marketing expertise, including familiarity with multiple traffic channels (SEO, paid, partnerships, email, organic referral, etc) and content amplification.
- Strong portfolio of published written and multimedia content that is optimized for a targeted audience, platform and objective.
- Copywriting expertise with a proven track record across a wide variety of media, from long-form articles and blog posts to video scripts and multimedia content.
- Direct go-to-market experience in a tech/SaaS organization with a proven track record of driving business results in a digital environment.
- Experience leading end-to-end content marketing strategy and amplification, from defining the objectives and strategies to defining the core KPI’s and leading indicators.
- Strong prioritization skills and strategic decision making to determine the highest impact near-term and long-term content marketing opportunities.
- Clear track record of managing multiple projects, making smart and fast decisions, partnering cross-functionally, delighting customers and driving dramatic growth through successful content marketing strategies and execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with clear examples of using data actively to define a content strategy, desired KPI’s and leading indicators, ROI analysis and recommendations.
- Thrives in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- BA/BS required
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- Social media marketing experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!