Senior Content Marketing Manager at Gatsby
Senior Content Marketing Manager
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce downloadable content, expand our digital footprint, and increase brand awareness, followers, and leads.
Gatsby is a remote-first, community-focused team working to build a high-performance, fun to use, accessible, and astonishingly flexible presentation layer for any data source. Our core values include transparency (we work in public most of the time); creating a safe, high-trust team; building incredible developer experiences; maintaining a healthy working environment; and helping deliver web experiences that feel amazing to use on every device and connection type.
Details of this role:
- Type of work: Full time
- Location: Remote (preference for UTC-8 to UTC+0)
Why we’re hiring
Gatsby is growing fast! For example, in the last year, our marketing team led a 100% increase in our Twitter following and supported hundreds of gatherings around the globe. We need an experienced content creator who can drive content for the developer audience and generate case studies, blog posts, sales enablement materials, and overall messaging for Gatsby.
What you’ll do on a day-to-day basis:
Guide the development of a product-focused content marketing program. This will include partnering with experts to create a content calendar and editorial plan for materials like blog posts, long form guides, whitepapers and more. Research, write and edit content for our owned channels, working closely with a range of internal and external individuals teams—product managers, open-source developers, community members, Gatsby users and customers —to identify compelling stories and create content Building a content strategy that is inclusive and scalable across communities. The web is an incredibly diverse place. Gatsby’s path to being the next way to build on the web runs through modern frontend development, open-source CMS communities like WordPress and Drupal, e-commerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce, and enterprise CMSs like Sitecore and Episerver. Each community requires a different message and strategy, so you’ll get to do a wide variety of types of writing and tell a wide variety of stories.
- A writer. You have a history of writing detailed, compelling prose blending technical detail and narrative. When we read through your portfolio, we’ll be saying things like “Wow! That’s really cool, I didn’t realize that!” You can show this off with your writing sample in the application!
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to executive, from enthusiastic early adopters to the skeptical enterprise.
- Adept at synthesis. You can gather insights about our capabilities, the industry, and competitive trends, and distill them into compelling content.
- Excited about technology. You love learning about and explaining how things work. You can write to developers like you were a developer (heck, maybe you are one!).
- Curious. The web is an incredibly diverse place with a huge number of different communities. You’re fascinated to learn about the challenges, workflows, and hopes and dreams of a wide variety of people.
- Knowledgeable about front-end development or CMS (bonus). You have an understanding of the website world, and are excited to talk about how Gatsby is the future of the web.
The best parts of this job
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of website development — working at one of the fastest-growing website building frameworks on the market is exciting! You’ll have the opportunity to learn about Gatsby’s highly innovative build system and pioneering tools such as Node, React, and GraphQL.
- As our first full-time content hire,you’ll help build something from the ground up, and create priorities and processes that scale.
- You’ll write for a company that people love and write about a product that positively impacts tens of thousands of developers every day.
- You’ll be working in a safe, open environment of talented marketers, engineers, and project managers who have a broad range of perspectives and experience.
This might not be the right fit if….
- You’re uncomfortable writing technical content. Much of this role involves writing to different types of developers, so if you dislike or don’t feel comfortable with that, this probably isn’t the right role for you.
- You’re not comfortable prioritizing your workflow. Because our user audience is so diverse, there’s a huge amount of potential things to do at any time. You’ll need to be comfortable with thoughtfully choosing where to focus & communicating that.
- You want to be co-located with a large team/company. The largest clustering of people in one place is 5 folks in our Berkeley office. We have a strong sense of identity and are very close, but if in-person interactions with a large number of people is important to you then this may not be a good fit.
Benefits We Offer
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Skip the commute with remote work
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family (US only)
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Fly to cool locations 3x/year for company-wide meetups
- Gatsby Sabbatical: 4 weeks paid vacation after 4 years tenure
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cultivating inclusivity and diversity is a top priority.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!