Job Reference: WDX-CON-04253
Division: Business Intelligence
Senior Consultant Agribusiness Consulting
Informa’s Agribusiness Consulting group, a world agribusiness research and consulting leader that covers the food supply chain from inputs to retail globally, is seeking a Senior Consultant to join its team in Memphis, TN or Washington D.C. We are also open to remote employees.
- The consultant will be part of a talented and exciting global team of specialists and consultants.
- In this position they will also have frequent contact with the client and under guidance of senior team members will conduct interesting and challenging projects.
- This position will also have a unique opportunity to interact with analysts, data specialist and market analysts in other areas of the Agribusiness Consulting team.
- The Consultant will have the opportunity for project management and execution, directing multiple projects.
- They will ensure analytical quality is met as well as project milestones and timelines.
- In this role the Consultant will conduct extensive primary and secondary research and develop original content and/ or analytical approaches.
- In this role the senior consultant will have extensive contact with clients and will play a role in developing the relationship with existing clients as well as developing new client relationships.
- In this regard, the senior consultant will interact with other members of the global project team, vertical sales and marketing professionals as well as senior management.
- Lead multiple projects, directing several project teams that may include consultants and executives,
- Ensure projects meet the required quality and analytical depth and are completed on time
- Obtain primary and secondary information, working with databases, conducting quantitative analysis, developing and writing findings, formulating advice for businesses, government agencies and trade associations and interacting/presenting projects to clients.
- Analyze information by using economic, financial, statistical/econometric, business strategy principles and methods (e.g., financial statement analyses, price forecasting)
- Develop original content and/or analytical approaches
- Synthesize research findings to effectively communicate this research, findings and conclusions to clients
- Contribute to proposal submissions and business development opportunities
- Support VPs and SVP to develop new business leads and interact with potential clients
- Masters, MBA or PhD in business, economics, agricultural economics or a related field and work experience of over 5 years.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to expand knowledge base to multiple markets, analytical tools and topical areas
- Strong communication skills including writing and oral presentation capabilities
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and other software used within the group
- Ability to manage consulting research projects and a team of analysts
- Knowledge of agriculture or food markets, economic research and consulting is preferred but not required
- Highly self-motivated and strong work ethic to work
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Ability to handle lead multiple projects and priorities
- Flexible to analyze a wide range of issues in a timely manner
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and changing work flow
Who We Are
Our customers rely on us as the go-to provider of news, data, analysis and forecasts across the agricultural and commodities value chain. Delivering a critical information advantage in a fast paced and volatile industry, we help the world’s largest and most influential agribusiness organisations work faster and smarter. Through a combination of highly respected insight and data, forecasting and analysis, focused one-off reports, events and bespoke consultancy, we help our customers understand the global agribusiness supply chain. We also provide the timely, actionable intelligence they need to make business-critical decisions with confidence, whether to mitigate risk or identify new opportunities.