Senior Configuration Manager
Professional Services Remote, United States
Our mission is simple. We make business travel less complicated for travelers, less costly for employers and more profitable for service providers. Using our industry-leading software solutions, employees book travel and car service and report those expenses faster and more easily than ever before. Corporations control costs more effectively. Travel management companies deliver more engaging customer experiences. Car service operators benefit from new efficiencies and widen their customer reach. In other words, everybody wins. We’ve helped thousands of forward-thinking companies modernize their systems, improve travel management and save money. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has an office in Bangalore, India.
The Deem Professional Services organization is a high energy, dynamic, agile, global team focused on providing AMAZING service to our customers. We focus on consistently exceeding customer expectations during the Deem deployment process enabling our customers to gain value from utilizing Deem faster. Teamwork, accountability, great attitude and having FUN are critical to our team’s success!
A Senior Configuration Manager is responsible for the technical configuration and implementation of a specified Deem, Inc. product/application. Using documented work plans and regularly scheduled status review sessions, the Senior Configuration Manager will execute the technical tasks associated with the implementation project plan for the specified product/application. This role is the primary internal interface throughout the implementation of the product and associated features and services, and also coordinates all integration and set-up activities and 3rd party (namely customer) resources. The Senior Configuration Manager will assist the account team to ensure that customer requirements are clearly understood, and contracted commitments are delivered on time at high quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Various duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise to a project/functional group to finalize statements of work (SOW) and timelines for proposed implementation activities of the product.
- Work with project team to execute implementation and configuration tasks.
- Work with project team to ensure all tasks are completed according to contract and established timelines.
- Identify key internal/external (customer/partner) resources/roles for committed deliverables and work with project leader to coordinate.
- Document, research and escalate customer issues that cannot be resolved; immediately communicate to Deem project leader any deviations from plan to ensure timely resolution and appropriate response.
- Assist with transferring system configuration and account information in hand-off to Technical Services Organization.
- Execute site implementation and configuration task lists.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of current and pre-released products and services; test new products and features before releasing to production sites.
- Support account team as necessary to provide updates on known issues impacting customers.
- Effectively direct and coordinate large virtual project teams (Deem, Customers, Partners, and Vendors) in order to advance project milestones and meet/exceed project goals.
- Conduct effective training and product demonstrations calls with clients remotely.
- Work with client and Travel Management Company resources to identify business requirements, analyze, and configure the Deem Travel application to meet client needs according to Deem procedures and best practices.
- Gather functional and business requirements from customer and translate into a functional hosted solution design according to client needs and scope of Deem products/services.
- Conduct client webcasts (solution demo) and functional knowledge transfer sessions.
- Primary focus is managing projects and leading project teams manages multiple projects ongoing.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a broad set of solutions areas and/or highly differentiated/deep in specific areas.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients’ needs as appropriate to senior management.
- Pro-actively engages present and future stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation.
- Act behind the scenes to craft solutions for business problems related or tangential to the project.
- Handles broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences.
Candidate must be detail oriented, organized, dependable, and willing to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility. Enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and works well under deadline pressure. Takes initiative, works well independently, works effectively in a team environment.
- 8+ years of specific experience with processes and tools in support of the specific market sector or business area this specific role will support (e.g., travel, expense/finance, ground transportation related processes and tools, etc.).
- Travel agency operations background including experience with one or more GDS systems, mid-office products & online booking systems and/or
- Finance & expense management experience including experience with financial reporting & online expense reporting products required and/or
- Experience with processes and tools in support of the specific market sector or business area this specific role will support (e.g., ground transportation related processes and tools, etc.).
- Proven track record of numerous successful deployment projects within Deem or similar/competitor solutions.
- Experience managing Fortune 100 or other large market clients through complex Deem or other software implementation projects.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with implementing a significant breadth of available solutions within Deem including Travel, Car Service, Expense and/or Analytics.
- Undergraduate degree or certification in business or technical disciplines required.
- Outstanding customer service and project management skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent, clear and effective oral and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, communicate detailed plans and drive results.
- Familiarity with general technologies such as database, web & ecommerce web applications, network basics.
- Advanced technical skills in areas such as, java scripting, integrations (Concur, NetSuite, and/or Oracle preferred), data management, or other technical areas as required by the specific responsibility.
- Strong problem resolution skills – proven ability to engage and interact with internal teams to resolve client issues.
- Ability to address and manage through ambiguous situations – assess situations, problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet deadlines.
We are an E-Verify company.