Senior Concept Artist at Sony
Title: Sr. Concept Artist
Location: Burbank, CA / Durham, NC / or Remote US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is searching for a Sr. Concept Artist, responsible for creating pre-visualization work that includes but is not limited to environment, character, and props, blending significant industry experience and artistic versatility to a variety of production tasks. Possesses the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges. In addition, Artist must leverage experience and knowledge to provide feedback, mentoring, and recommendations throughout the course of product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as a mentor for the art team, assisting in training while sharing techniques and workflow
- Creates pivotal content for new or existing properties
- Assists in setting the artistic direction for new and existing properties
- Assists in setting “quality targets” for new or existing properties
- Provides detailed and relevant feedback across a variety of creative material
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and critique marketing and advertising art
- Utilizes industry experience to provide clear recommendations on team structure, company policy, and artistic direction
- Serves as a “Jack of All Trades” assisting production across a variety of disciplines
- Displays an expertise across a variety of artistic disciplines including design, composition, color theory, rhythm, and balance
- Displays an ability to lead by example amidst artistic and technical challenges
- Ability to create work seamlessly throughout a diverse selection styles and sensibilities
- Display a proven track record of dependability, consistency, and high quality work
- Other duties may be assigned
- Provides feedback, mentoring, and recommendations to art teams.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert understanding of Photoshop or equivalent required.
- Understanding of Maya’s modeling and texture tool sets and Z-brush a plus.
- Ability to adapt to proprietary tools.
- Mastery level of demonstrated ability with color theory, anatomy, composition, design, perspective, lighting, and painting.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
Please Note: This is a Fixed-Term contract with an expected end date. We anticipate the service period for this contract to be for 6-months.
If you are interested in applying for our Sr. Concept Art role, please submit your application, resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your work!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!