Senior Compliance and Privacy Counsel at Knock
Senior Compliance & Privacy Counsel
Knock is on a mission to empower people to move freely. The Knock Home Swap™ makes it easy for consumers to buy their new home before selling their old one, skipping the hassles of living through repairs and showings, paying only one mortgage at a time, and having home prep covered upfront so their old house sells for the highest possible price. Knock currently offers the Home Swap in 34 markets in nine states and counting.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact
- Knock is a 100% remote, work from home culture and has been since our inception in 2015
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) + flexible work schedules
- $1,000 each year for professional development
- Salary + Equity. We offer equitable compensation based on market data, your experience & geographic location
- Paid parental leave
- We believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic and engaged attorney that enjoys problem-solving, commercial negotiation, and process improvement to join our highly collaborative and talented team as Senior Compliance & Privacy Counsel.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a high-growth PropTech Company with a truly unique culture focused on optimizing employee experiences from day one that is nurtured across the entire organization from top-to-bottom. This role will have invaluable access to the high profile Chief Legal Officer who has held leadership roles with some of the biggest names in tech including Loon, Gigamon, HP and Cisco, while also collaborating with an extraordinary team that will support your continued growth and success as a Knockstar.
We’d love you to bring:
- Strong academic credentials from an accredited law school and active member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- At least 5 relevant law firm and/or in-house experience with focus on compliance in a rapidly scaling, highly-regulated company, with demonstrated experience responding to commercial clients’ needs.
- Deep knowledge of US data privacy and data security laws and practices involving the security and processing of customer data that may include personal information.
- Brings a can-do, business-minded, intellectually curious, and collaborative approach.
- Can independently juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and keeping the “big picture” in mind.
- Strong understanding of software development, computer technology, infrastructure and services, open source communities, and intellectual property concepts and law.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
As Senior Compliance & Privacy Counsel, you will:
Proactively assess compliance and legal risk and use your experience to provide smart, practical guidance to stakeholders on a wide variety of compliance matters facing our company. You will help drive and promote our culture of ethics and compliance across the company. You’ll be a leader and key contributor on the legal team, helping the Chief Legal Officer build Knock’s legal team.
You will have a strong ownership and growth mindset and an ability to adapt and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments. You are business-minded and work well in a team environment, and are willing to learn new areas of law, acquire new skills, and take on additional and/or new responsibilities within the team as the team evolves and grows.
Your key responsibilities will include developing and establishing processes and policies focused on a wide variety of compliance topics and advising cross-functional teams on product development and business expansion with an eye towards practical and scalable compliance solutions. You will develop and lead relevant trainings and work closely with various members of the legal team on Knock’s contracts, engagements, and corporate compliance. You will build strong cross-functional relationships and serve as a trusted advisor across the Knock business.
- Support the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Knock’s compliance and ethics program.
- Provide subject matter expertise, and practical and actionable guidance across the business regarding compliance risks, including but not limited to privacy, data protection and cybersecurity, GLBA, RESPA, anti-bribery, conflict of interests and code of conduct.
- Develop, manage and oversee all operational aspects of Knock’s privacy and data protection program
- Train business teams on compliance requirements and best practices.
- Perform risk assessments and ensure appropriate coordination with other key control functions, including internal audit and risk management.
- Providing periodic reports to senior management regarding compliance risks, the program, trends, and potential enhancements.
- Coordinate review, investigation and response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proactively track legislative and regulatory developments and educate the business regarding their impact.
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 28 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!