Senior Compensation Partner at Komodo Health
Senior Compensation Partner
We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
As our first dedicated Compensation expert at Komodo, you will build a market-leading compensation strategy that embodies our Komodo Health Values and compensation philosophy. In partnership with our People and Finance teams, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing multiple compensation components, including salary ranges, variable compensation, equity, and our compensation review process.
This role will report to Komodo’s Lead People Partner as part of our People team at Komodo Health. Our employees (we call ourselves Dragons) are diverse and multi-dimensional – way more than just “human resources”. We reflect that belief in our name and in the work we do every day.
Looking back in your first 12 months at Komodo, you will have…
- Provided insight, strategy, thought leadership to our compensation practices – synthesizing market intelligence, research, and industry best practices to inform the design and administration of our compensation programs
- Established yourself as the subject matter expert in Komodo Health’s equity program, evaluating and improving our current equity approach to drive retention and long-term incentives for our dragons
- Owned and administered Komodo’s variable compensation plans in close partnership with the People Partners and Finance teams, reviewing our current programs and suggesting improvements in line with our compensation philosophy
- Created documentation about our compensation philosophy, programs, and processes, connecting our compensation offerings to our Values and ensuring all dragons understand the various components of their total compensation
- Evolved and managed our salary ranges, including range creation, benchmarking, and updating, to drive consistency and market-competitive pay
- Partnered with Revenue Operations and Finance teams on the design and execution of our sales commissions plans
- Supported the People team and business leadership throughout our annual compensation processes (e.g. merit, promotion, and performance reviews, equity refresh programs, etc.)
- Partnered with People Partners and L&D on pay transparency to enable people leaders to have transparent, authentic, and impactful compensation conversations
What You Bring to Komodo
- Experience creating and managing a wide range of compensation activities for small and large organizations, with the ability to adapt compensation design elements based on business need
- Compensation experience at a pre-IPO company with a deep understanding of the value of pre-IPO equity and experience designing equity-based long-term incentive programs
- Hands on experience completing salary surveys and using market research to create company-wide compensation plans (salary ranges, bonus programs, etc).
- Strong attention to detail and analytic capability; you are comfortable in spreadsheets and have experience modeling and communicating complex information regarding pay and compensation programs
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to various levels across an organization, from individual contributors to executives, and ability to distill complex information in easy-to-understand ways
- A learning mindset, growth orientation, intellectual honesty, pride in delivering the wow, and a belief in enjoying the ride (behaviors aligning with Komodo’s values)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!