Title: Senior Coding – Dictionary Specialist
Job Number 2019-33745
Job Category Clinical Data Management
Position Type Full-Time
Senior Coding/Dictionary Specialist
Home-Based in the USA
- Assisting with the technical data management leadership on a large / global project, or multiple projects with responsibility for the Thesaurus Management; and technical oversight of all dictionary coding activities for the delivery of medical coded data according to client quality and integrity specifications, and project timelines and budgets.
- Develop and maintain a close liaison with project client contacts, core team members, and Clinical Data Managers to drive the data management aspects of project delivery.
- University/college degree (life science, pharmacy or related subject preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., professional registered nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology)
- In lieu of the above requirement, approximately 24 months experience in related field (e.g. pharmaceutical, laboratory, data analysis) incorporating approximately two (2) year’s clinical data coding experience in addition to the minimum four (4) years relevant work experience in data management will be considered
- Broad knowledge of thesaurus management process
- Thorough knowledge of Standard Coding Dictionaries
- Knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs, especially as related to medical coding of clinical data
- Knowledge of effective clinical data management practices
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant work experience in data management
- Minimum three (3) year’s clinical data coding experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor staff on technical coding competency
- In-depth knowledge of clinical trial process and data management, clinical operations, biometrics, quality management, and systems applications to support operations
- Working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the CRO industry with pharmaceutical / biotechnological companies.
- Ability to lead teams, by example, on project strategies and achievement of department goals, objectives, and initiatives and to encourage team members to seek solutions
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full Time