Title: Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator – US Telecommute
Division: OH Ops-MBM Ops CMC
Contest Number: 825503
Family: Medical and Clinical Operations
Function: Clinical Admin & Processing
Business Segment: Optum Consumer Solutions Group
Region: North America
Country: United States
Other States: Texas Connecticut Arizona Florida
Other Cities: Dallas Hartford Phoenix Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Telecommuter Position: Yes
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up. This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What makes your career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Positions in this function includes those responsible for initial / ongoing triage of members, includes managing incoming calls, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
Our Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinators have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
- Accurately manages multiple technology systems simultaneously
- Accurately documents interaction and appropriately follow all processes and procedures related to engagement
- Builds rapport and establishes trusted relationships with members via daily outbound and inbound calls
- Provides excellent customer service
- Dialysis scheduling assistance
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of prior medical / healthcare experience from one or more of the following: nursing, hospital, clinic, healthcare insurance, ER, EMT, long – term care or telephonic healthcare consulting
- 1+ years of telephonic customer service experience
- Ability to create, edit, copy, save, and send data utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to travel up to approximately 5% of the time, if needed, to local office for training or other meetings
- Ability to work 40 hours per week Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with 2 – 3 days weekly covering the later hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health – related field
- Bilingual fluency
- Previous CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease), cardiac or diabetic knowledge or experience
- Healthcare or insurance benefits knowledge and / or experience
- Experience with EMR
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively communicate products clearly and accurately
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to flourish in an environment where there is constant change
- Ability to apply knowledge / skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- High telephonic proficiency, with a focus to meet daily assigned contact metrics and ability to multi – task
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.