Senior Clerk – US Telecommute
Location: Dallas Texas United States
Contest Number: 745139
Title: Senior Clerk – US Telecommute
Family: Admin Support Services
Function: Clerical Support
BusinessSegment: UHC Clinical Services
Region: North America
Country: United States
JobLevel: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Effectively multitask and prioritize.
- Easily adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for all decisions and completed duties.
- Take initiative todo what needs to be done without being asked or directed
- Utilize/maintain applicable office equipment and systems (e.g., fax; scanner; phone systems; personal computers)
- Utilize/maintain relevant software applications (Microsoft Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook; Access; Right Fax; OnBase; Filemaker)
- Utilize/maintain relevant platforms and systems (e.g., claims processing; Macess)
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business departments’ operations, drivers, and/or procedures
- Receive information (e.g., medical records; physician letters; general correspondence) from stakeholders (e.g., providers; clients)
- Verify information (e.g., member information; type of record) and include work queue driver prior to entering information into data entry work queue
- Work with stakeholders (e.g., internal partners; providers; members) to clarify, confirm, and/or gather additional information
- Scan documents into data entry queue ensuring appropriate personnel have access
- Pull relevant data from reports received
- Enter relevant data and information into appropriate systems/tools (e.g., spreadsheets) that can be utilized for reports
- Review completed documentation to ensure data entry quality and accuracy
- Ensure confidentiality regulations and rules (e.g., PHI; HIPAA) and/or compliance guidelines are complied with when gathering and/or entering data and information
- Positions in this function include basic clerical functions including records maintenance, light typing, filing and report preparation.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1+ year of Data Entry experience.
- 1+ year of Clerical experience and Computer proficiency is required (Including typing, filing, performing research on our internal systems, and using the Internet).
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents).
- Must have a quiet designated work space and access to install secure high speed internet (minimum speed 1.5 download mps and 1 upload mps) via cable / DSL in home (NOTE: wireless/cell phone provider, satellite, microwave, etc…does NOT meet this requirement)
- Medical or Healthcare experience
- Prior knowledge of UNET and other operating systems.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work. SM.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, UnitedHealth, Clerk, Administrative, Telecommute