Senior Brand Designer at Udacity
Senior Brand Designer
Mountain View, CA or U.S Remote
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner-level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We’re backed by some of the best-known investors — Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few.
Focused on self-empowerment through education, Udacity has the potential to transform the world by providing life-long learners with the chance to skill up in cutting-edge technology, while also creating meaningful impact. We also partner with the enterprise market to bridge the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. As their partner of choice, we are providing a powerful and differentiated solution to address their needs. If you are inspired to be a core component of this transformational opportunity, read on!
As a Senior Brand Designer on the marketing creative team, you’ll report to the Creative Director and create innovative designs that bring our brand to life. Make an impact and change the trajectory of the Udacity brand through up-leveled creative. Your primary role will be designing highly-crafted and scalable solutions for our various enterprise, government and consumer marketing channels. You will also support the implementation of an approved visual rebrand across marketing and brand channels. You are an organized self-starter who is comfortable and confident with ambiguity and fast timelines. As Senior Designer, you will be responsible for influencing our brand guidelines and bringing consistency across channels while adjusting for the audience and use case. The ideal candidate will be driven to build a brand that our customers love and demand.
Open to remote candidates.
- Conceptualize and craft beautiful brand experiences through branding, visual design, and communication design to push the Udacity brand forward
- Use visual storytelling to showcases our brand differentiators and inspire our customers
- Support our consumer, enterprise, and government businesses by developing designs for landing pages, paid media, presentations, collateral, storyboards, emails, and more.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to align creative strategy and roll out a new visual rebrand
- Collaborate with copywriters to ensure creative communicates clearly and concisely
- Develop resources, guidelines and templates to streamline creative efforts and expand the team’s capacity
- Foster collaboration with cross-functional partners to solve complex challenges while maintaining a high level of quality
- Present and articulate decisions to stakeholders.
- Stay in touch with current design trends and the competitive design landscape
What we value:
- Self-starter who’s passionate about evolving and defining a challenger brand
- 7+ years of experience designing for an in-house creative department or agency. Experience with B2B and a startup environment are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Graphic Arts, Advertising or Fine Arts highly preferred but will accept additional experience in lieu of formal education
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Sketch, Invision
- An exceptional portfolio with real-world examples demonstrating a strong record of design that stands out
- Ability to take projects from creation to execution
- Has a high standard of quality, but also knows when to be flexible
- A passion and mastery of your craft including typography, composition, iconography and color
- Experience with creating responsive landing page designs that meet UX best practices. Ability to release final assets for engineering development and Q/A-ing final product.
- Experience with creating custom illustrations, icons and infographics.
- Experience with video storyboarding and art direction.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight timelines while maintaining prioritization.
- You’re strategically minded, with strong problem-solving skills and close attention to detail
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity’s unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.
To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!