Senior Billing Operations Analyst at Zillow
Senior Billing Operations Analyst
time type Full time
job requisition id P739779
About the team
The Sr. Billing Operations Analyst,is a member of the Billing team. This group is responsible for the timely, complete, and accurate billing of our customers. The team supports all products (including Amazon Affiliate billing, Bridge Interactive, Dotloop, IMT, New Construction, Premier Agent, Flex, ShowingTime, StreetEasy, Mortech, Marketplace Mortgages and Zillow Offers) with the current exception of Rentals, Zillow Closing Services and Zillow Home Loans. In addition, the team also performs miscellaneous billing of subleases, sale of assets, etc. Billing is accomplished through various methods such as automation, manual entry, and utilization of a BPO. Billing is also responsible for ensuring that invoicing and post invoice adjustments such as debit memos and credit memos are entered in the appropriate systems (Zuora, Salesforce, Workday, Braintree, and Boss).
About the role
We are looking for a Sr. Billing Operations Analyst who will join us in our mission to deliver timely, complete, and accurate billing processes.
- Supports accounting close by performing billing functions in a timely manner
- Motivate changes in operational processes to improve efficiency and scalability
- Partners with our BPO for the preparation and issuance of invoices
- Coordinate efforts to upload invoices to customer portals with BPO as the need arises
- Prepares manual invoices as the need arises for non-automated systems
- Prepares credit memos and debit memos to adjust invoices including accuracy validation
- Responsible for the entry of write offs necessary to adjust customer AR account balances
- Reconciles financial data to bank activity and invoicing reports to ensure billing accuracy
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the customer master in the billing systems
- Collaborates with Product, Business Operations, Accounting, and other partners to implement new products and improve existing product offerings
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $64,700.00 – $103,300.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven knowledge of billing processes
- Experience with process improvement a plus
- Experience using SQL, Power BI, or other analytical tools a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Google Docs
- Solid understanding of SalesForce and Zuora preferred