Senior Backend Engineer at TapResearch
Senior Backend Engineer
- Remote, US
Who We Are
At TapResearch we believe that every business deserves access to critical market data about their products and services. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to empower any company of any size, to access the critical market insights they need to make better real time data driven decisions. We receive around 10 million answers per day, we are growing by more than 100,000 New Users per day & we are currently live in 25+ Countries.
Hundreds of companies, like Qualtrics, Zynga and comScore rely on our technology to collect consumer opinions across thousands of mobile apps and games from publishers such as MiniClip, Jam City, Atari, PeopleFun and many others. By connecting marketers & researchers with everyday mobile users, we are building the next generation of research products.
We’re motivated by the size of the opportunity and the impact we make on our customers’ organizations. Recently named one of Inc.’s Fastest Growing Companies in both 2018 and 2019, we are a fast-moving, rapidly growing, profitable company & would love for you to join us.
Our focus on culture is supported by our shared vision to build an environment where great people can flourish & deliver the greatest value to our customers & partners. We avoid egos and embrace distributed leadership. We encourage individuality, curiosity, diverse thinking and innovation. Here, you’ll thrive in a fast moving start-up & hands on environment and have the ability to take on project ownership & Idea generation. We grow from constantly being challenged and seek to understand when presented with ideas we don’t understand. We value transparency and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where everybody grows and succeeds together.
You are an experienced back end engineer with extensive experience building at least one large scale production application using Ruby on Rails.
You will be responsible for evaluating frameworks and making technical design choices for our particular business needs, communicating the pros and cons clearly to the rest of the team. You will have the opportunity to set standards and provide guidance to subsequent back end hires.
You are both an independent and a good team player, a great problem solver, and have a strong commitment to writing quality, efficient software. You will collaborate with a highly autonomous team of talented individuals and your work will have a high impact on tens of millions of users starting on day one.
- Evaluate framework choices and drive optimizations across all areas of our application
- Design, implement and maintain our supply and demand APIs
- Scope out features and collaborate closely with Product
- Whiteboard and discuss a solution to a complex scaling problem — then making it happen
- Experiment with new technology to make our system more reliable and scalable
- Help the support team triage issues and bugs
- 4+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Proficient with database design and optimizations in MySQL and Redis.
- Experience with AWS, Linux, and distributed systems
- Working knowledge of ReactJS and mobile technologies is a plus
- Previous startup experience preferred
- We use a variety of open source languages and frameworks — Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, iOS, Android, Unity
- We are also reliant on AWS, MySQL, Redis, Redshift, Kibana, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Capistrano.
Along with competitive compensation, TapResearch offers first-class benefits to all of its employees including:
- Unlimited PTO.
- 100% Healthcare Premium Reimbursement.
- Stock options.
- New Macbook, company swag kit.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!