Senior Backend Developer at ARK.io
Senior Backend Engineer
Looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work with an innovative team that’s blazing a trail in the blockchain industry? If you’re an experienced Senior Backend Developer who likes to write clean, sustainable, easy to read code, and has a passion for innovation then come work with us. You might just be exactly who we’re looking for.
ARK is a blockchain technology provider seeking a senior and experienced developer to join our innovative development team. In this exciting role, you’ll be responsible for working on and enhancing our Core blockchain framework. You’ll need to be an experienced developer with at least 5+ years of relevant experience and a master of Typescript/Node.js, ideally you’ll also have a background in blockchain/cryptography or at least have a desire to learn. In return, you’ll get a competitive salary based on your experience, remote and flexible working (you can even choose your own hours). More importantly though you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a truly innovative and passionate team that are setting the industry standard when it comes to blockchain technology.
We are looking for a long term, full-time contractor and not seasonal or part-time workers. This job is fully remote and highly adaptable to your work schedule, although we have a preference for developers that can work in the normal CET hours.
#Here’s What We’re Looking For
- Frameworks: Node.js, Hapi, TypeORM
- Databases: PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Patterns & designs: SOLID, DDD, TDD, KISS, DRY
- Languages: excellent English communication skills (written as most of the communication is done via Slack).
- Working on and enhancing the Core blockchain framework as well as working with and offering support to a cross-functional team who are building applications/products that interact with the protocol.
- Designing, building, auditing, testing and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code; as well as helping maintain code quality and organization standards..
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in our codebase, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Write, develop and implement specifications (improvement proposals) to improve and enhance the codebase or its functionality.
- Working with internal development teams reporting up to a Project Lead where required
- Developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Previous experience in Blockchain development would be preferred
- A strong understanding of engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular and high-quality code is desired
- Good understanding of P2P networking and protocols. Experience with distributed systems and protocol design would also be a plus.
- In-depth understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledgeable on the cryptographic principles of Blockchain technologies, with a good understanding / experience of cryptography (ECDSA, SHA256, Schnorr) would be favoured
- An advanced/intermediate understanding of the V8 engine, specifically within Node.js (how does A affect B, what performance repercussions can X have, identify performance bottlenecks, etc)
#What Makes You a Good Fit
As well as your development skills there are certain qualities that will make you the perfect fit for life here at ARK. Qualities such as:
- Commitment Innovation takes time. We’re looking for a long term commitment here. Someone that we can rely on to take a project from initial plans to launch and beyond. If you’re looking for a role where you can grow, learn and work on projects that really make an impact then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
- Dedication, Drive, and Trustworthiness As a team on the cutting-edge of innovation we’re looking for self-starters. We like those who enjoy using their initiative to solve problems, come up with ideas, help streamline processes and generally just get stuff done. We don’t micromanage, so we’re looking for someone that’s motivated to take charge of their own workload and deliver on their objectives.
- Team-Orientated At ARK we’re one big family, so bringing in someone new means making sure that they’re a good fit for our team. We’re looking for someone that’s team-orientated and that works well with others. This also means getting involved with all projects and taking on any task that might come your way.
#Why Work at ARK?
So why should you work with us? Just in case you needed any more convincing, here are just a few of the reasons why you should come and work with us
- Be part of something special Bored of your normal 95? Sick of working in an industry that no longer excites you? Or for a company that doesn’t care? Working at ARK means working with cutting-edge blockchain technology. We’re at the forefront of blockchain development, leading the way when it comes to innovation and application. If you thrive on new challenges, enjoy learning new things and relish the opportunity to work for a passionate and supportive team who are looking to make an impact, then this really is the perfect place for you.
- Work wherever, whenever At ARK we live and breathe decentralization. Working with us means working remotely, wherever and whenever you choose. Work from home, from a co-working space, late into the night, or around your life commitments. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
- Competitive Salary Of course we’re offering a competitive salary for this role which will be based on your individual talent and experience. You’ll need to be comfortable being paid in cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) and will need to be able to issue invoices.
- Upfront Payments Tired of waiting for payments each month? Don’t worry we pay invoices for the upcoming month so you will never be at unease of not being paid!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!