Who we are:
GitPrime is pioneering data-driven engineering. We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they’re driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking a highly experienced Java Developer who will join our talented software team, working on mission-critical applications. Your duties will include developing scaleable Java applications while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. This position is ideal for the senior candidate seeking a non-managerial development track position. Please see below for more details on framework and systems experience requirements.
You should have no less than five years of commercial experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You must be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. When we say commercial experience, we mean daily hands-in-the-code development experience. We also expect you to be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team of engineers and web designers.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Create well designed, testable, efficient code
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Assist in preparation and production of releases of software components
- Ensure designs meet specifications
- Investigate alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review, in order to support continuous improvement
- 5+ years’ commercial experience in Java
- Solid experience in software development, and particularly in test-driven development
- Significant experience in designing and developing applications using Java, the Spring framework, and building highly performant, scalable systems
- Excellent knowledge of Java internals, such as Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management and so on
- Experience with Kafka and the Samza framework
- Extensive experience with deployments Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, including JPA2 and Hibernate
- Good knowledge of Spring web framework
- BS degree in Computer Science required, MS preferred
Why work for GitPrime:
- Join high-growth VC funded Y-Combinator startup at liftoff and share the upside
- Work with a tight knit group of highly-motivated professionals at the top of their game
- Competitive compensation package with great healthcare, stock options, and benefits
- We are headquartered in Durango, CO, so you’re in for a treat. Located in the heart of the San Juan Mountains, forget the hassles and headaches of city life and enjoy the incredible work-life balance at your doorstep—hiking, mountain biking, paddling, and skiing—that only Colorado can offer.
How to Apply:
Complete the short application, including a paragraph about why GitPrime is interesting to you. If you advance, we will ask you to complete several short screening exercises to assess your skills and ideas. If you are shortlisted, we will fly you to Durango Colorado for face-to-face interviews and to meet the rest of the team.