Senior Back End Engineer
About the Role:
Cladwell is hiring a Sr. Back-End Engineer to own and iterate on the API powering our app. Download it now – there’s a free trial! – then come back. The API powers everything in your hand, from the clothes database to designing and building outfits for you each day. As a Sr. Back-End Engineer, you will play a key part in product development. As a team, we meet together to brainstorm new features and discuss technical viability. From there, the Sr. Back-End Engineer will design the API endpoint for the client to use and then implement the end-point in parallel. The Sr. Back-End Engineer will also work to maintain and manage the production servers for the Outfits API to ensure reliability for our users.
You’re excited about this opportunity because:
- You want to work to make one product the best it can be, not cut corners.
- You will be able to significantly impact the trajectory of our business.
- Generating billions of outfits per week sounds fun and exciting.
We’re excited about you because:
- You love how technology can change people’s lives for the better
- You like working with and scaling relational databases
- You care about how the clothing industry affects the lives of people, and want to be apart of a better future.
- You have strong skills and experiences with libraries like Django, Django REST Framework, Celery or equivalents in your language of choice
- You understand AWS, Heroku or similar cloud platforms
- You are self-motivated and an optimist at heart
- You have experience with analytics and reporting platforms
- You are interested in fashion or fashion tech
Why you’ll love working at Cladwell…
- We’re damn passionate about what we’re doing.
- We’re a very small, lean team on which you can have a very large impact.
- We don’t run like a traditional startup. We’re chasing profitability to bootstrap our growth over time, which means we have the freedom to choose our own path.
- You’ll work directly with other developers and people who get it.
- We try put customer empathy in the middle of everything we build.
- We’re fully remote – you have the freedom to work from wherever you please.
- You’ll make a meaningful difference in both the shaping of a business, and the way people interact with their clothes.
About Cladwell: Cladwell is the worlds largest personal styling app created so you can love what you wear and wear what you love. Cladwell is powered by algorithms that help you get dressed each day, decide what to buy next, and when and how to clear out the clutter. We’re excited to meet you and hope you’ll join us on our mission!
- 5+ Years designing and building non-trivial web services and APIs
- 5+ Years working with and scaling relational databases
- Experience with libraries like Django, Django REST Framework, Celery or equivalents in your language of choice
- Understanding of AWS, Heroku or similar cloud platforms
- Experience with analytics and reporting platforms
- Part time contract position – possible contract to hire in the future
- This is a remote position
- Experience building and deploying Python applications
- Scaling large applications on PostgreSQL
- Experience designing performant searching and scoring algorithms