Senior Back End Engineer & Platform Engineer (2 roles)
Location: Seattle, WA
Min. Experience: Experienced
In addition to this Senior Back End Engineer role, we also have a Platform Engineer opening. 7+ years experience required but similar background (but stronger) skills.
Senior Back End Engineer
NowSecure offers a platform that protects users, devices, apps, and enterprises. We are proud to have 100+ customers that include some of the largest banks and corporations across industries such as finance, defense and healthcare.
We were founded with a mobile focus and strong DNA in forensics and enterprise security. Our dedication to mobile enables us to channel our resources and expertise to make our customers successful. Members of our team are deeply technical. We have authored five books on mobile security for Android and iOS and are very proud of our open source contributions and projects including Frida and Radare. Our engineers and researchers believe in creating conversations and supporting the community.
We are writing software to discover new security issues as they surface and educate our users to the threats they face on their mobile devices in real time. You will be working with us to develop scalable systems which discover vulnerabilities in mobile applications, educate our users about vulnerabilities on their devices and support a more secure mobile ecosystem. We are breaking things and building them back up at scale and would love to meet engineers passionate about creating a more secure world.
While we’re based in DC area (Tysons), Chicago (CBoT) and Seattle, our workforce is spread across the globe, just like the mobile devices we aim to protect. Open to remote workers – anywhere in the United States
Who are we?
- We are leading in cutting edge mobile security and sponsor a number of open source tools such as Radare (https://github.com/radare/radare2) and Frida (https://github.com/frida/) that are widely used by security researchers.
- We are a distributed company which hires best people across the US and the world.
- We build our software using polyglot languages and best of breed tools.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong ownership and passion for solving complex problems
- Technically strong who can mentor teammates and instill a high quality development culture
- Works well in distributed, agile environment using Scrum
- Strong experience with data structures, object-oriented and functional paradigm based development
- 5+ years experience working in SaaS based software development with multiple open source projects and frameworks to deliver intricate & scalable product solutions
- Develop event-driven, enterprise ready product with focus on scalability and security
- Preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where everyday offers new challenges
- Experience with RESTful services and GraphQL
- Develop elegant, scalable, secure, robust, and maintainable code
- Excellent coding in JS, Python, Go and Swift and functional programming languages.
- Objective-C and Java (for Android) big plus.
- Willingness to learn rapidly, transitioning from other programming languages.
- Enthusiastic about code reviews
- Experience with a CI tool (Jenkins a plus)
- Experienced Git user
- Fundamentally believes in Unit and API testing
Backend Specific Requirements:
- Design, Architect & Own major aspects of the backend delivery services, including estimating and delivery of high quality solutions that can scale to support large Fortune 500 companies
- Experience developing highly scalable and available network services and APIs, particularly with distributed, evented, or highly-parallel systems
- Significant experience with Node.js, and working with React
- Significant experience working with SQL and NoSQL and stream/event oriented DBs in the context of web services (PostgreSQL/Oracle or similar, LevelDB, Elastic Search, Lucene)
And, Bonus Points if you have this:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and AWS
- Typescript, Rust & Elixir
- Experience developing multi-level, role-based-access systems
- Experience with large-scale data analysis with concepts such as Map Reduce
- Demonstrated ability to deliver Stateless, Fault Tolerance and self-healing systems
- Stream Processing systems such as Node and related tech like kafka
- Experience with building secure systems
- Encryption and other security fundamentals
- Open-source contributions and participation
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, childcare and transportation
- Company paid STD, LTD & Life Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Unlimited PTO