Senior Automation Test Engineer – Select U.S. States at F5 Networks
Senior Automation Test Engineer – Silverline
- San Jose
- Boulder (Louisville)
- Full Time
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Who is Silverline?
We provide services that ensure applications are delivered secure, fast, and reliable.
Do you want to change the world with a click of a button and venture into “The Cloud”? You will help develop premier services and products that mitigate, analyze, monitor, visualize, and lead traffic across the globe in public and private clouds, data centers, and customer premises.
We are seeking a Test Engineer who will help us in the development and execution of software test plans of product components and services. You will debug software products through the use of tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for the Silverline service. You will work and collaborate with incredible colleagues to contribute to assigned projects in a growing incubation team within F5 Networks. The ideal teammate should be passionate, creative, flexible with a strong work ethic and enjoy solving problems with very little direct management. Our team works remotely and is distributed globally, giving you a chance to interact with colleagues from around the world.
If you are not locally present, this role can be 100% remote opportunity!
- Follow and contribute to test standards and procedures on a wide range of major product components.
- Perform system testing of new products, as well as new releases of existing products.
- Write scripts for test automation
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads.
- May research, investigate and define new areas of test technologies or methodologies to improve the testing of products.
- Evaluate performance and modify the design of product test automation.
- Conduct internal presentations.
- May participate in hiring and onboarding process.
- May provide technical mentorship to lower level engineers.
- May assist Senior Test Engineers with project scope and estimating.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge and experience with test methodologies used in software development.
- 5+ years test automation experience, preferably using Cucumber and Ruby.
- You are analytic and have great trouble-shooting skills.
- You are successful at ambiguity with limited direction.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment with opportunities.
- Demonstrates emerging leadership qualities; leads small group interaction.
- Can design and implement new tests and test automation in multiple feature areas, while developing domain expertise in at least one.
- 3+ years UNIX/Linux experience preferred.
How do you qualify?
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience or equivalent experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!