Senior Associate Clinical Contracts & Budgets
Job ID: R-80486
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US 91360
The US Senior Associate Clinical Contracts & Budgets (SCBA) team leads all site-related contract and budget negotiations within the country. The team supports contracting for a diverse range of studies from early development to late-stage trials and investigator-sponsored collaborations. Strong social skills, relationship management and a keen drive for cross-functional collaboration are a must for members of this team. This position is based at our Thousand Oaks campus or could be a US remote worker.
- Handle end-to-end process for clinical site contracts and clinical trial-related consulting agreements (including contracts, amendments and termination letters preparation, negotiation, escalation, translation, distribution, signature, archiving).
- Support site-related questions regarding invoice preparation with respect to submission of invoices in Amgen Payment System
- Support resolution of contract issues
- Support contracting with local Global Study Operations (GSO) vendors
- Maintain contract tracking in appropriate systems
- Find opportunities and best practices with local and regional partners that will contribute to overall operational efficiency
- Ensure payments are made in accordance with contracts
- Maintain payment data tracking in appropriate systems
- Responsible for providing information for entry into systems
- Relevant experience in Legal, Negotiation and/or Finance
- Working in a global environment
- Knowledge of local contracting and payment processes
- Key Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Relationship management
- Time management & prioritization
- Written and oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge of common software packages (e.g. Office 365 esp. Excel, SAP)
- Data analysis and presentation skills
- Problem solver
- Master’s degree OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of clinical contracting experience OR
- Associates degree & 6 years of clinical contracting experience OR
- High school diploma / GED & 8 years of clinical contracting experience
- BA/BS/BSc in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years’ work experience in clinical research experience obtained working on
- clinical trials in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company Knowledge
- Knowledge of contracting processes in the US
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.