Senior Associate, Business Operations and Strategy at Pinterest
Sr. Associate, Business Operations & Strategy
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The mission of the Business Operations & Strategy team is to align Pinterest’s execution to its strategy. As a key member of the team you’ll drive critical business insights for our Executives while partnering with leaders throughout Pinterest to fundamentally improve how we execute. With a combination of exceptional analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll help us better understand our Pinners, Advertisers, Merchants, Creators, Products, and drive changes that will shape the future of Pinterest. We have several openings including roles that support our Growth/Engagement, Creators, Revenue & GTM, Shopping, and Strategic Planning & Initiatives teams.
What you’ll do:
- Business Analytics & Reporting. Develop a deep understanding of our products and roadmap and how they drive our business to inform important decisions and priorities across the organization. Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance. Be the primary point person with our senior leadership on understanding metrics movements and trends in our business.
- Strategy & Special Projects. Tackle key strategic questions and critical business initiatives, and partner with leaders throughout Pinterest to build business cases for potential investments. Present insights and recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the “follow through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Planning & Forecasting. Manage the forecast models for core topline metrics that drive company-wide forecasting, goal-setting, and strategic planning. Work with senior leaders to update their strategic priorities and goals on a regular basis.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of top-tier experience. You’ve been a top performer in an investing, consulting, investment banking, product, and/or other highly analytical role at a fast-growing company; knowledge of the consumer internet and media ecosystem is a plus.
- Exceptional data analysis skills. You’re a true expert in a variety of advanced analytical tools, including Excel, Tableau, and/or SQL (and in areas you’re not, you have the growth mindset to learn it); knowledge of Python and R is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- Strong communication skills. You can move seamlessly between conversing with engineers or frontline ops employees and leading presentations with senior executives.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.
- Keen aptitude to scale the team. Help build out processes for a small (but mighty) team. Help build our influence across the organization to tackle each of the above for your coverage area.
Our PinFlex future of work philosophy requires this role to visit a Pinterest office for collaboration approximately 2x per quarter. For employees not located within a commutable distance from this in-office touchpoint, Pinterest will cover T&E. Learn more about PinFlex here.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
US based applicants only
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more