Senior Assistant – Legal Administration at Stack Exchange
Title: Senior Assistant, Legal Administration
- Location: US National
Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. Stack’s online community is the largest, most trusted community by technologists to learn and share their knowledge, develop technologies and build their careers. In addition to its free online platform for the community, Stack partners with businesses to help them enable their developers and otherwise scale with Stack’s knowledge management and awareness offerings (Teams and Collectives products). Our customers includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 and cutting edge technology companies.
Stack Overflow is looking for an Executive Assistant to the Head of Legal who will also serve as an operational assistant to the legal team. The successful candidate will be someone who is detail-oriented, a proactive problem solver, and an organizational pro. The ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude and a commitment to providing outstanding support with a wide range of responsibilities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This is a remote position supporting attorneys on the West Coast, East Coast and UK. Stack’s headquarters is in NYC. Optional NYC office work location- no relocation.
What you’ll do:
- Scheduling meetings, coordinate events and travel and process expense reports for the Legal team
- Edit and improve documents including document clean ups, formatting and finalization for execution
- Manage the contract administration process, including tracking contracts and non-standard terms and routing contracts for signature
- Manage workflow matters supported by the legal team, including tracking and obtaining cross-functional approvals
- NDA and PO/order/ invoice reviews
- Liaise between members of the legal department and other functions, including request for proposal (RFP), sales, finance, and customer success departments
- Act as point person for contract status
- Facilitate legal trainings
- Assist with document preparation for sales transactions, presentations, due diligence and other legal matters that arise from time to time
- General admin including filing, scanning, copying, routing docs for signatures and managing Head of Legal’s calendar
- Handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and sensitivity
- Anticipate and prioritize both the CEO’s and Company needs
- Execute research assignments and special projects
- Coordinate with and provide assistance to the operations team for company-wide events and cross-functional meetings
- Develop strong relationships across the Stack Overflow team
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience supporting lawyers in a similar role, direct support for VP-level and above
- Experience working cross-functionally in a corporate organization
- College Degree
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills combined with an impressive level of attention to details and discretion
- Ability to work with a spectrum of personalities
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely across time-zones
- Flexibility and agility in an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and highly reliable, trustworthy
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving and optimization, specifically in regards to calendars, time management and prioritization
- Passion for excellent service, learning new skills/concepts, communicating across divisions, and project management
- Resourcefulness and intuition to make decisions with minimal guidance
- Proficiency with Google Suite preferred
- Skilled in MS Word, spreadsheets and presentations and SalesForce, as well as ability to quickly learn software tools for expense reports, tracking time off and other productivity tools
- Paralegal certification preferred
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won’t require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!