Title: Senior Android Engineer
Location: United States
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. We value people who are not afraid to dig into other people’s code, who think that code is the best documentation, and who like to experiment with new technologies but understand the risk of pushing them to production. We like to work with engineers who believe that learning a concept is more important than learning a framework, and who pick technologies outside of their comfort zone when they believe that they’re the best tool for solving a particular problem.
As a senior member of our Android team you will help us develop new features that take advantage of the latest trends in the Android ecosystem, as well as improve our existing systems. As we think of ourselves as Mobile developers, you’ll also help reviewing and improving our iOS code base.
This position is either remote or at our New York City headquarters.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- A respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- Three weeks’ paid vacation, and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly. We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of large-scale Android experience in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with being in a senior position on a similarly-sized team
- The ability and enthusiasm to mentor less-senior engineers
- A proven track record of building complex technology and guiding less senior members of the team to create code that is well-organized, easy to read and maintain, and optimized for its intended purpose
- The ability to take long-term responsibility for the development of a project, and work alongside the Product team to guide its technical evolution