Senior Android Engineer at Life360
Title: Senior Android Engineer
- Location: Remote, USA
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in over 140 countries making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Job
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as a Senior Android Engineer:
- Build and use reusable tools and infrastructure to improve developer velocity
- Building a future proof dynamic event streaming architecture
- Explore and implement solutions around power savings
- Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent
You are someone who is:
- A self-starter who is eager to learn, improve, and grow
- Conduct thorough design and code reviews
- Deliver high quality software with unit tests and automation
- A good understanding of design patterns and how to leverage them practically
- Work in a cross-functional team of product, mobile, backend, and test
- Tenacious debugger able to seek out and fix difficult to reproduce issues
- Able to communicate well
You have the following experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of Android development experience
- Experience working on a commercial app (presently found on the app store)
- Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in Android
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Android SDK
We’d be excited if you have:
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience developing location-based services
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms
- Experience working with Git
And We’d be *really* excited if you have:
- Experience with RxJava or other functional programming paradigms
- Experience with Uber RIBs or other mobile UI design patterns (MVP, MVVM, VIPER)
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience working with Android Sensors
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k matching and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is a remote role that reports into our headquarters located in San Francisco, CA.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!