Senior Android Developer at Match.com
Senior Android Developer (remote)
- MATCH, MATCH AFFINITY, AND MATCH GROUP – ENGINEERING – MATCH
We’re looking for a Mid to Senior Android Developer to join our team as we continue the evolution of a product that our members love.
Our apps – Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Plenty of Fish – boast more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating business.
Simply put, we change lives.
We are seeking that rare combination of egoless team player with technical expertise who takes pride in their work to ensure that user experience and development quality are superb, and delivered on time;)
This is a remote role open to applicants across the continental US.
What’s my day to day?
- You’ll take a cerebral approach to developing new features and implementing changes to existing features, and continuously strive to improve the codebase by refactoring to modern development and architectural practices and guidance
- Partner with Product and QA to pivot on features and address reported bugs
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks
- Play an active role in Product discussions, influence the roadmap and advocate for the end user experience
- Own your code from development to production
What should you have?
- Experience developing and shipping apps with the Android platform. Point us to your work in the Play store and show us what makes you proud!
- A constant desire to grow, learn more and take our team to the next level
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- Experience writing highly performant Java and Kotlin code
- Understanding of Android framework components and their lifecycles
- Sharp Android UI Skills (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, etc.)
- Strong understanding of reactive programming concepts, RxJava
- Experience consuming data from APIs
- Familiarity with MVVM and other patterns like MVC/MVP/etc
- Knowledge of software design patterns, SOLID and clean architecture
- Understanding of the value of Dependency Injection, Dagger
- Knowledge of Android build types and product flavors
Why Android at Match?
A lot of places say they change lives, but we actually do it. We’ve helped millions of people find love and happiness! Here are a few perks we have in store for you:
- $1,500 annual training budget
- 100% employer match on 401k contributions
- Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
- Matched giving to qualified organizations
- 100% paid paternity leave
- Happy Hours and Company parties (right now they are all virtual, but still a ton of fun!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!