Senior Analyst, Social Justice
This position is remote.
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior Analyst, Social Justice for Pets for Life. The main responsibility of this position is to support the Pets for Life (PFL) program by providing social justice policy analyses, addressing issues of systemic poverty, and providing outreach to underserved communities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing strategies for addressing inequities and advancing advocacy and initiatives around social justice and equity principles;
- Providing analysis of current federal, state and local laws and animal welfare industry policies to determine best ways to implement PFL program to impoverished communities;
- Working with the PFL team on program messaging and assisting in creating materials and communications in support of advancing PFL program, activities, and interests;
- Providing support to mentorship team and mentorship groups in implementing policies and procedures that ensure equity and fairness in organization’s programming, access to veterinary care, and pet wellness resources;
- Developing and managing strategies for program promotion around social justice such as Expo workshops, social media, people of influence, and non-traditional animal welfare platforms;
- Working with the PFL team on developing and implementing training around institutional inequity and systemic bias;
- Monitoring and analyzing support programming and community outreach industry trends;
- Developing and fostering relationships with individuals, institutions, and organizations, in order to proactively and positively influence and gain needed action and support for PFL;
- Assisting in program partnerships and coordinating with staff on strategic relationships;
- Continuing to find ways to grow the reach and impact of the PFL program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social justice or public policy required. Advanced degree in field of social justice, or public policy preferred;
- Six years of experience with demonstrated knowledge of social justice advocacy, public policy required;
- Thorough knowledge of programs related to diversity, equality and inclusion; knowledge of program related to racial and socio-economics equality helpful;
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate information into a meaningful, understandable context and message, regardless of the format;
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills;
- Thorough knowledge of and commitment to social justice;
- A high level of confidence, integrity, interpersonal skills for effectively interacting with and influencing others, and facilitating meetings and conducting public speaking/presentations;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. EOE