Senior Analyst, Corporate Development at Jellysmack
Senior Analyst, Corporate Development
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Legal & Finance
Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
The Sr. Analyst will have proven financial and strategic skills and a strong interest in the creator economy. They will be involved in identifying growth opportunities and evaluating proposed transactions from a strategic and financial perspective. The position offers unique exposure to a wide variety of businesses within the entertainment industry. The Senior Analyst plays a key role in M&A diligence and deal flow and will interface with internal clients across Jellysmack’s operating groups as well as third parties.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 2-4 years of experience working for a prominent investment bank, strategic consulting company, venture capital firm or private equity firm who wants to make the jump to deal-making and strategy in the Media and Entertainment business.
- Evaluate, model and conduct due diligence on investment opportunities.
- Perform ongoing research, financial modeling and analysis to inform investment decisions.
- Complete industry due diligence including market research of industry metrics, trends, and competitive analysis
- Manage M&A processes and systems to keep team and executives aware of latest changes in ongoing deals
- Formulate and prepare presentations to share findings and recommendations for divisional and senior management critical to the decision-making process
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses at the request of senior executives
A little about you:
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, strategic consulting, private equity, venture capital, or corporate / business development
- Superb quantitative skills, advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint, comfortable working with large amounts of data and financial documents
- Excellent problem-solving skills including project prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
- Ability to logically break down approach and assumptions, hypotheses driven and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in M&A
- Experience in entertainment and/or media preferred
- B.S / B.A. required
Our “Work from jellywhere” philosophy:
*Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and / or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
Nota bene: your residence must be in the country in which you are applying*
Perks at Jellysmack:
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
The Jellysmack difference:
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort.
We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Currently home to 520+ influential Creators, including Brad Mondo, Bailey Sarian, and Emmymade, Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (“Beauty Studio”), soccer (“Oh My Goal”), gaming (“Gamology”), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators can stay focused on their passion—creating the best content and entertaining fans around the world. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!