Senior Accounting Manager at TechFlow
Senior Accounting Manager
- Corporate Openings, Finance
- San Diego, California or Remote, United States
- Full time
Are you looking for a place to invest in your future? Then consider a job at TechFlow where we provide opportunities for individuals to develop their careers while being part of an exciting, collaborative team of entrepreneurs.
TechFlow, Inc. continues to grow and enjoy success delivering innovative projects across the Federal Government. We are a 100% employee-owned company. Our employee-owners work hard to make a difference and deliver value to our Nation. The work environment is fast-paced and challenging with an eye towards fun and customer service.
We are excited to announce that we are looking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager. This role will focus on helping to make our financial accounting systems impactful to our business decision processes by delivering accurate, timely, and valuable information to the management teams. This role will require someone who not only understands accounting and the technical nuances of government accounting systems, but who ultimately understands how to use that to drive business value. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual who believes that numbers and analysis can tell a story with demonstratable value. The right candidate will have a good mix of business acumen, solid accounting fundamentals, and technology know-how. This position will report directly to the CFO but serves the direct needs of the business units. The right individual will be energetic and enthusiastic as he or she works across teams, various executives, and customers.
This role can be virtual and telecommute or be based in one of our main office locations.
- Refine and develop useful and value-enhancing financial policies, controls, and reports.
- Drive efficiencies through cost and general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, payroll, and project controls.
- Streamline current accounting and financial systems by leveraging new finance-related IT tools and best practices to deliver a higher net benefit to the company.
- Enhance the company’s use and value benefits from its Deltek Costpoint implementation as its Subject Matter Expert and solutions implementer.
- Improve the financial close process and enhance the coordination and awareness of deadlines across departments.
- Collect, interpret, and report on key financial data.
- Lead support of both internal and external audits.
- Help in the evaluation and value analysis of merger and acquisition targets.
- Help to ensure legal and regulatory compliance is maintained for all accounting and financial functions.
- Ensure that accounting functions are being performed in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the guidelines set forth by GAAP and any accounting pronouncements as they apply to the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related Business major.
- 5+ years working in a Government Contracting environment.
- 3+ years of experience with Deltek Costpoint, its implementation, and driving value from it.
- Proven experience providing financial planning and analysis with reporting for multiple business units and indirect cost pools.
- CAS and FAR experience.
- Current certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) – a plus.
- At least 5 years using Enterprise financial systems with a minimum of 3 years using Deltek Costpoint.
- Demonstrated experience driving and improving enterprise solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to create technical documentation.
- Capable of effectively sharing knowledge and providing guidance through informal or formal training.
- Excellent business acumen, a detail orientation, great organization skills, and an analytical mindset.
- Deltek Costpoint configuration and programming skills.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!