Senior Accountant – Nashville or Virtual
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Client Finance team . Our ideal candidate will work with us in downtown Nashville however we will consider other qualified candidates in the Central or Eastcoast of the U.S. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in a career in Accounting and Finance who has a hunger for learning and wants to join an organization that will provide opportunities for growth.
What this job involves:
- Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance Manager for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within deadlines.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a timely basis and outstanding items are followed upon.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606 guidelines.
- Manage client billing process.
- Maintain Accounts Receivables and other Balance Sheet accounts providing monthly commentary for unresolved items.
- Update procedural documentation associated with assigned accounting processes.
- Identify/recommend process improvements and assist in the implementation of those process improvements/changes approved by Finance Director.
- Perform/complete special projects and functions as required by Finance Manager or Finance Director
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA a plus
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, some real estate experience preferred
- Experience in real estate or lease accounting is a plus.
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications required
- Experience with real estate accounting software a plus (JDE, MRI, Skyline, and/or Timberline) JD Edwards E1 knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong accounting skills and attention to detail required
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What you can expect from us:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you…
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.