- United States
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, were flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers and employers wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for performing duties that assist the Controller in day-to-day core accounting functions taking ownership of key areas. Core areas include general ledger accounting, account reconciliations and financial statement preparation all in compliance with GAAP; state reporting, filing and compliance for multi-states including sales tax; budgeting/forecast model maintenance and financial analysis; audit and tax return preparation for year-end, payroll backup including compliance oversight and reporting; accounts payable and accounts receivable processing including expense report approvals, unclaimed property reporting and 1099 processing; record organization and retention. The Senior Accountant works closely with other finance team staff as well as other Peerfit team members.
- Responsible for month-end close duties. These duties include but not limited to: bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, payroll liability reconciliations, prepaid journal entries and reconciliations, bill.com reconciliations, preparation of financial statements, and other month end close research and reconciliations that may be needed. Understand the journal entries being made and why and review these respective sections for overall reasonableness.
- Responsible for monthly revenue cycle invoicing and reporting. Ensure that clients are invoiced properly, revenue is recognized appropriately and in the proper period, monthly reports are reconciled to Looker, and any other duties that ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Responsible for assisting Controller with budget process. These duties include but are not limited to: preparing and maintaining budget templates, gathering data through working with others, analyzing data to ensure reasonable, reconciling department roll-ups and loading approved budgets into accounting software.
- Responsible for maintaining the equity accounting reporting. This includes and not limited to maintaining the awarded options reconciliation and vesting schedules as well as any other reconciliation and reports to provide proper equity accounting.
- Responsible for expense report approvals and ensuring each expense has appropriate detail support which includes meeting IRS requirements, internal approvals, GL coding, and correct posting dates for accurate recording and integration into accounting software.
- Responsible for understanding the payroll process and become the backup for such function in the case the payroll processor has scheduled PTO or emergencies. Ensure payroll entries and corresponding benefits are recorded accurately and timely. Reconcile payroll liability accounts and perform monthly accruals as necessary. Stay abreast of payroll compliance issues and concerns and alert management of any issues.
- Responsible for ensuring bill.com payments are being processed timely and accurately. Review outstanding bills. Reconcile sync error report and reach out to appropriate team on how to resolve. Monitor expiring/expiring checks and work with appropriate team to resolve and document filing unclaimed property reports as necessary.
- Responsible for daily bank activity review, matching of activity within QuickBooks, and journal entries as needed.
- Responsible for preparing state compliance filings for payroll taxes, state taxes, sales tax and unclaimed property.
- Responsible for year-end audit and tax preparation work, ensuring all financial information reconciles by account and state. Work closely with audit firm and Controller on providing timely and accurate information. Ensure records are maintained in an efficient manner to provide tax firm with organized and accurate financial information.
- Responsible for year end 1099 reporting and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting compliance and controls in accordance with GAAP, security/ privacy and HIPAA.
- Organize permanent records in logical folders/ subfolders on Google Drive, ensuring all required documentation is saved timely with appropriate naming convention.
- Provide positive support and training to junior accountant and administrative personnel that may or may not have accounting backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Accounting degree required
- Minimum 5-year experience in a corporate accounting role required
- Sales Tax Experience – Strongly preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United Statesand, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer