Senior Accountant at HeartFlow
- REMOTE, USA
- GENERAL & ACCOUNTING – FINANCE
The senior accountant is a key accounting role that offers a unique opportunity to have a big impact on our organization’s growth trajectory. In this function you will play an important role in defining our accounting policies and procedures as we are looking to scale the accounting organization in line with the Company’s rapid growth. The senior accountant will have strong abilities in defining and executing proper GL accounting, month-end close work including reconciliations, accruals, journal entries, multi-entity financial statement preparation and maintenance of fixed assets.
This position requires an individual who continually demonstrates ownership of various functions within the accounting team while staying organized, who is driven to perform at a consistent level and has a desire and capability to advance in future roles. The ideal candidate has prior public company experience.
This position is listed for Austin, TX, however, we would be open to hire a remote employee.
- Strong affinity to the application of US GAAP to support the proper execution of the Company’s finance policies and procedures
- Performs and monitors various monthly closing procedures; including journal entries, account reconciliations and preparation of monthly financial reports. Performs month end accruals for key balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains subsidiary ledgers compliant with inter-company agreements and local statutory requirements.
- Performs capitalized software development costs analyses.
- Identify and recommend accounting process improvements
- Leads other accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Supports the annual audit process by providing audit deliverables and working effectively with our external auditors.
- Assist the US accounting team on ad hoc special projects
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills, Educational Requirements & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in NetSuite is required
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Accounting strongly preferred
- Experience in SOX 404 compliance reviews including preparing various accounting reports and audit schedules preferred
- Experience working in a publicly listed company
- SEC reporting experience
- Ability to manage various responsibilities with competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!