Senior Accountant 2 at Warner Music Group
Title: Senior Accountant 2
Location: US National
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
WMG’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant 2
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department will be responsible for managing all the center’s accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations Group will provide accounting services and support to WMG’s US record labels and businesses.
The Senior Accountant 2 will be responsible for performing and managing advanced accounting and reporting activities for a specific label/affiliate and reviewing the work of other professional staff. We have transitioned to a hybrid work schedule at this time, allowing our employees to work a combination of in-office and virtual days. These work arrangements will be periodically reviewed based on business needs.
Here you’ll get to:
- Review the work of staff members and provide feedback to staff for corrections or improvements required.
- Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
- Approve staff tasks as part of the monthly close process, including reviewing and posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
- Perform accounting and financial analyses related to label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
- Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
- Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
- Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-6 years of experience in Shared Service or Corporate Accounting and/or experience with a Big 4 CPA firm
We’d love it if you also had:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in a Shared Services environment
- Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
- Experience conducting internal & external audits
- Experience with flux analysis and SEC reporting
- Experience performing fixed asset accounting related activities
- Music industry experience a plus
- Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
- Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done