Senior Accountant at Jellysmack
Legal & Finance
New York, New York, United States
Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
Jellysmack is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing US accounting team. This individual will be responsible for supporting our operational accounting efforts, specifically those related to corporate accounting. This position will report into the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting and requires cross-functional collaboration with our global offices.
The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, skilled at working with large data sets and reconciling financial information to external data sources, and competent in the areas of financial reporting and GAAP compliance. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the accounting of key FSLIs
- Analyze and reconcile key source data against financial information
- Assist with A/P process to ensure timely payments and expense recognition
- Support financial reporting processes such as the month, quarter, and year-end close processes and related audit work
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure accuracy of information and timeliness of communication with creators and relevant partners
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Contribute to the implementation of new systems and processes
- Become a subject matter expert to understand the end-to-end process of assigned areas and have the ability to interpret and present related information such as trends, cost drivers and other KPI’s to both finance and non-finance teams
- Assist in performing technical accounting research to determine appropriate treatment for a variety of transactions under US GAAP
- Degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills, including great attention to detail and proficiency in Excel
- Great multi-tasker with excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize as necessary to effectively meet deadlines
- Desire and ability to work closely and collaboratively with other team members while proactively and independently taking ownership of projects within the scope of the Senior Accountant role
- Operational accounting experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
- CPA, CMA preferred
- Big Four or high-growth company experience preferred
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
In order to make sure you get the best working environment, you will get a $300 / EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort. We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Creatives ourselves, we’re home to over 250 influential creators, including Derek Deso, Karina Garcia, Brad Mondo, MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Patrick Starrr, and PewDiePie. Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators stay focused on their passion—creating the best content for their global fan bases. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!