Senior Account Manager at Hotel Engine
Title: Senior Account Manager
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please read on!
As a Hotel Engine Senior Account Manager, you will take ownership of a book of business for our Commercial customer base. You will be responsible for building relationships at multiple levels within the customer’s organization to drive growth, retention and adoption of the Hotel Engine product. In this role you will apply a consultative sales approach, focusing on discovering, analyzing, and solving their organization’s travel needs by leveraging the full scope of company products and services to deliver business solutions to drive customer value.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Drive monthly growth by upselling Hotel Engine across a dedicated book of business across our existing customer base
- Design and evolve a comprehensive business plan for your book of accounts, including cross-selling, strategies to drive adoption and sell to decision makers
- Facilitate hand-off of key accounts from sales to account management, partnering closely with Account Executives to onboard & ramp new customers
- Generate new business opportunities within account base to meet and exceed target quota
- Present Hotel Engine’s value position in the unmanaged travel space with expertise
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as business operations, member support, marketing, sales enablement, product development and production support to drive customer outcomes
- Target account selling, solution selling and using consultative sales techniques
- Become a subject matter expert in the Hotel Engine platform & industry with extensive, accurate product knowledge
- Consistently meet or exceed daily KPI requirements
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an Account Manager
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, takes initiative and adapts to changing demands. Brings a positive attitude and energy to work every day.
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, Gong or similar sales technologies
- Ability to drive a consultative sales approach to improve retention and capture additional opportunities within current customer base
- Strong organization skills with a track record of retaining and expanding existing customer base
- Experience in utilizing tech stack to identify trends in customer account usage
- Strong business acumen to partner with our customers to drive solutions to their business problems
- The base salary for this role is $60,000/year + a variable component of $30,000/year, with upside potential based on performance. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more