Semantics Specialist at Simple A
- 100% Remote
We are looking for a Semantics Specialist to help make the world smarter with intelligent content as a part of the [A] team.
[A] seeks motivated, creative, innovative candidates eager to start a client-facing role with a mix of taxonomy, thesaurus, and ontology development experience with an interest in learning or growing their experience in content development and content modeling.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge working on the following content principles:
- Content Semantics (controlled vocabularies, ontology, taxonomy, metadata, schemas etc.).
- Content Structure (content modeling, markup, schema, DITA, XML)
This role is NOT focused on Content “Interchange” (metadata, XSLT, XML Processors and Parsers), or Content Operations (CMS tools and platforms management, Content acquisition tools, systems, processes, and patterns). At [A], these practices have their own speciality focus. Having familiarity with these related practices is very helpful.
The responsibilities for this role deeply involve the principles of content semantics and structure. And this role requires one to build an understanding of the application of semantics principals at abstract, architecture, and at very tactical applied levels within enterprise knowledge and customer experience delivery environments.
This is a remote job that can be done mostly from your home office anywhere in North America (we are unable to consider candidates in the states of CA, MA or NY at this time), but may involve occasional travel to a client location (once safe to do so).
The Semantics Specialist will work within the larger Content Intelligence practice to build next-generation content systems for clients, helping them craft intelligent content for multi-channel marketing and increase the value of semantically-rich content. You will participate in, or lead, client projects that include development of semantic models, taxonomies, thesauri, controlled vocabularies, and formal ontologies in conjunction with content structures and content tools experts.
You ll define content relationships by using taxonomies, ontologies, and metadata. This includes implementation of semantic models within semantic software tools such as those from Synaptica, the Semantic Web Company, and other semantic provider solutions that are fitting into new Content Intelligence architectures.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Reporting to the Head of Semantic Services
- Developing and implement taxonomies, thesauri, and controlled vocabularies
- Leading client discovery, gathering details and organized data about the current state and desired future state
- Educating clients on the value of intelligent content and semantics
- Bridging the gap for clients between content strategy, content semantics,and other customer experience technologies
- Identifying taxonomy requirements through research and analysis of end-user needs, content management system requirements, any existing content corpus, as well as soliciting and organizing input from internal stakeholders
- Reviewing taxonomies currently in use at the client with an eye to refinement, alignment and consolidation resulting in suggested improvements
- Supporting content modeling and taxonomy development processes and outcomes, as well as taxonomy governance frameworks across multiple business units and diverse stakeholders
- Support Content Operations definitions involving semantics and related processes
- Participate as an Analyst as a member of holistic, cross-functional Content Intelligence teams
- Collaborating on the Master Content Model and the Master Semantic Model
Skills We Are Looking For
- Master s in Library or Information Science, Computer Science, or other classification focused Master’s degree program (Preferred)
- 2+ years of experience designing and managing taxonomies, thesauri, and/or ontologies
- Experience with taxonomy, thesauri, and ontology standards and best practices (e.g. ANSI/NISO Z.39.19, ISO 25964, OWL, RDF and SKOS)
- Experience with metadata types, standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of principles and best practices for content modeling
- Experience working with taxonomy management software tools such as those from Synaptica or Semantic Web Company
- Experience with SQL, JSON, XML, or Python (Preferred)
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You work alone well but communicate well within a team.
[A] is the Content Intelligence Service.
[A] is a distributed, private, professional services firm that provides strategic support for building content intelligence practices into organizations. [A] helps complex organizations establish content engineering standards and practices to compete in a multichannel, multimodal, AI-driven world.
[A] engineers intelligent content systems for CMS/CEM platforms, and offers integration, training, workshops and custom development. [A] helps clients value content as an enterprise asset, and enables future-ready content through use of the Master Content Model.
What s Your Name, Again?
Our name is easy. Just say A. The [A] brackets represent markup, microdata, content intelligence. The letter [A] represents the start, initiation, beginning of change. We are going to help change the world with intelligent content.
[A] Team Benefits
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other’s work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
Powered by JazzHR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!