Security Software Development Engineer
Job ID: 810178 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) security team is building a program to automate monitoring, testing, and alarming of security controls across AWS’s global footprint and produce authoritative evidence of that certain security properties remain true. This program will directly influence decisions and direction within AWS Security.
Successful candidates will be responsible for designing innovative solutions using AWS services, integrating with existing systems and implementing new systems to drive the building and operation of an effective, data driven, automated security control monitoring solution. This effort is supported across the service and engineering teams and has VP level visibility into the program.
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in microservices, container, and distributed cluster-compute architectures.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
- Find out what it takes to engineer systems for “Amazon Scale”.
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Computer Science or closely related field or
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficiency with one of the modern programming languages such as Java or Ruby
- Proven track record of mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experience building scalable solutions on AWS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development in a Linux environment
- Proven track record designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- US, Virtual Location
- Software Development Engineers