Security Engineer – AppSec, Senior at Evidation Health
Security Engineer – AppSec, Senior (Multiple Locations)
- Considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US based remote
Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and health care companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
The Security Team is responsible for all aspects of security at Evidation. This includes working with engineering teams to secure our development lifecycle, working with IT to maintain daily operational security, and working with DevOps to ensure the security of our cloud infrastructure.
In this role, you will primarily focus on the security of our systems and applications, including securing our architecture, implementing mitigations, threats detection and monitoring, and participate in defining the long-term strategy for our application security. You will work closely with our software engineering teams as they design and implement scalable, secure solutions that power large-scale, innovative research initiatives.
This role is ideal for someone with strong experience in application security who is looking to take their security career to the next level with the ownership of a complex set of applications and exposure to a broad range of security technologies and domains.
- Experience with Linux-based systems
- 3+ years of software design and development experience (mobile or backend)
- 5+ years of application security experience or equivalent mix of software engineering and security experience
- Fluency at a high-level in at least one programming languages (e.g., Python, Ruby) with Ruby preferred
- Fantastic communication skills, especially among audiences with differing technical backgrounds
- Strong security fundamentals, including threat modeling and secure design principles
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives such as hashing, signing, and encryption
- Experience with security testing (penetration testing/red teaming)
- Familiarity with scalable systems and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with automating security workflows and operations
- Experience maintaining the security of applications throughout their lifecycle
- Expert-level knowledge of Ruby
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python, iOS, and Android security
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with at least one configuration management system (SaltStack/Puppet/Chef)
- Experience with Docker and containerization security
- Experience with CI/CD and secure SDLC
- Proven ability to implement security automation in a fast-moving environment
- Experience with software vulnerability blackbox testing including fuzzing
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy – take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives
EVIDATION HEALTH VALUES DIVERSITY AND IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR ANCESTRY, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION INCLUDING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, SEX OR GENDER.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!