Title: Security Engineer
Who we’re looking for
As the first dedicated security engineer you will take the lead in helping our engineering and product teams keep Rev secure. The right candidate will be an engineer who is passionate about security and loves to build. You will work closely with both Product Managers and Engineers to develop security best practices, teach techniques, and implement security incident detection and mitigation features. Security is a critical component of Rev’s value proposition to both our customers and freelance workers. As such, the role will have high visibility throughout the organization.
- Work with product management to ensure products are secure by design.
- Educate developers on security best practices.
- Develop software to detect and mitigate security incidents.
- Build security related features into the product.
- Track, prioritize, and evaluate security issues.
- Champion security throughout the engineering and product organization.
- 3+ years relevant security experience with web applications
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of application security best practices such as the OWASP top 10
- Hands-on experience with securing cloud platforms such as AWS
- Excellent proactive communication skills to work with engineers in San Francisco, Austin, and across the country