Security and Technology Assurance Engineer at PayPal
Security & Technology Assurance Engineer
- Remote, US
The candidate will:
- Design, engineer, and implement continuous testing/oversight methodologies for both security and technology domains.
- Collaborate with first line of defense to review test results and opportunities for control/domain improvement.
- Create dashboards for results.
- Validate first line of defense security/technology uplift and issue remediation efforts.
- Provide thought leadership to drive improvements to overall technology and security programs.
- Work in collaboration with internal audit, corporate compliance, risk management and various technical teams in the design and implementation of controls self-assessments, risk assessment and regulatory compliance practices for IT.
- Create, document, and implement test plans, queries, scripts, and procedures.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported control defects.
- Advises IT and business executives on the status of testing results.
- Assist in company-wide security initiatives.
- At least 1 years’ experience in security or technology testing or oversight role.
- Technical knowledge of security technologies and architecture in multiple security domains – such as infrastructure hardening, access/identity, DLP, endpoint security, vulnerability management, network security, application security and others.
- Ability to use though leadership to find and drive solutions.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operationalizing methodologies for continuous testing of security and or technical controls.
- Experience with log management and analysis.
- At least 1 year of experience in programming/scripting language.
- Broad security knowledge across common industry security standards (e.g., ISO, NIST, COSO, COBIT, PCI, FFIEC, SOX, SSAE16, and others).
- Possess either of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, or GIAC.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of having excellent analytical skills and being results-oriented.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college (Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related disciplines preferred)
Travel Percent: 0
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!