Security Analyst, Senior
- Full time
Cognosante is seeking a Senior Security Analyst who has experience in managing teams of security analysts. Is able to effectively leverage vast detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline. Has thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations. Is able to identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues. Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports.
The candidate will be assigned to support of VA’s Integrated Colmery Delivery (VAICD) capability to provide operational input and support for the development, operations, maintenance, and refinement of VA’s Integrated Colmery Delivery (VAICD) environment, execution support for implementing the LTS application and integration of associated legacy VA applications and services and continuous improvement of VA’s implementation of the Colmery Act. The candidate will support our VA clients in their operations to develop, enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape.
The Security Analyst will assume primary responsibility for the execution of one or more of the following security disciplines:
Security Access Management
- Identity and access management, privileged identity management, and system access monitoring
- Mainframe security on IBM and Bull mainframe platforms and related systems
- End-user and privileged authentication and authorization
- Support for internal and external compliance audits and assessments
- Risk identification, assessment, response, tracking, and monitoring
- Monitoring and management of findings and corresponding corrective actions
- Development and reporting of security metrics
- Support security assessment and authorization processes and activities, including developing or contributing to the development of security documentation and other artifacts
- Monitor changes to applications, networks, infrastructure, and operating environments
- Provide audit support for internal and external audits and reviews
- Operating, maintaining, and tuning security tools deployed in data centers housing mission-critical data and systems
- Detect, respond to, and forward critical security alerts related to compliance policy violations, new or emerging threat sources and vulnerabilities, and Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- Implementing and executing incident response procedures
- Performing vulnerability and compliance scanning and assessments
- Collecting and aggregating log and security event information
- Maintaining web application protection and web application vulnerability monitoring, assessment, and reporting
- Reviewing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for intrusion detection and prevention, security information and event management, incident response, vulnerability assessment, and other applicable security activities and processes
- Patching, upgrading, and maintaining server operating system platforms
- Performing web development (including scripting and/or programming) for audit and risk management application
- Support application development activities for configuration and maintenance
- Develop and maintain complex and ad hoc reports and dashboards for security and risk management information
- Providing customer support, including telephone, email, and message channels, for risk management application
- Developing and delivering technical documentation and user guides.
- Direct, ensure the effectiveness of, and/or oversee the work of teams of security analysts assigned to support each of the above disciplines
- Apply domain-specific security knowledge and subject matter expertise to ensure the successful execution of security management functions
- Analyze systems, data, and operating environments to determine appropriate safeguards and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented security controls
- Validate the configuration of servers, workstations, network devices, and other equipment against government or industry security standards
- Perform security testing on applications, networks, and operating environments, using automated and/or manual methods appropriate for the IT assets being tested
- Analyze the results of vulnerability scans, configuration checks, and security alerts to identify and understand weaknesses or deficiencies and determine remedial actions
- Create, update, and maintain technical and security documentation about systems, networks, and operating environments
- Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports.
- Provide security expertise/perspective to support operational processes and procedures including configuration control, maintenance, continuity of operations, and incident response
- Master’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- Ability to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (Low-Risk) position.
- Expert-level knowledge of federal security laws, regulations, and standards, including but not limited to FISMA, HIPAA, NIST CyberSecurity Framework, FIPS Publications, and Special Publications
- Familiarity with all phases of the NIST Risk Management Framework and the achievement and maintenance of authorization to operate (ATO) for federal information systems
- Prior experience performing or overseeing continuous monitoring/continuous diagnostics and mitigation activities
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (High-Risk) Position security clearance
- One or more advanced security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, GCPM, CSLC, etc.)
- Advanced or specialized security certification in disciplines such as penetration testing, incident handling, intrusion analysis, or computer forensic investigation
- ITIL certification
- Experience with VA’s configuration of IBM Rational Toolset for management, configuration and reporting of work products.
- Experience with Agiliance Risk Vision or similar governance, risk, and compliance management tools
- Familiarity with the VA Handbook 6500 and subordinate publications
- Experience working in a ITIL, ISO 20000, or ISO 27000 environment
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position