The Security Analyst role provides candidates with hands on experience performing analysis and remediation of information security events. In addition to investigating events, candidates will be responsible for making improvements to existing detection and prevention controls through process and technology improvements, including the use of automation platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Perform event and incident triage (e.g., malware triage, network analysis, live response, etc.)
- Develop and maintain security operations processes & documentation (e.g., runbooks, etc.)
- Enhance detection and prevention controls (e.g., logic updates, exclusions, etc.)
- Assist with the analysis and remediation of security incidents
- Work with different operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Develop automation playbooks to improve the efficiency of operation processes
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement and drive efficiency
- Maintain working knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years working in a Security Operations or equivalent role
- Firm understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Proficiency with common security tools and platforms (e.g., SIEMs, vulnerability scanners, and malware analyzers)
- Familiarity with IDS/IPS systems and endpoint Antivirus and EDR products
- Firm understanding of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Experience with analyzing security event logs and detecting and responding to security events
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python or Shell preferred)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with orchestration platforms
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.