Adjunct Faculty – Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Job Locations US
Job ID 2018-1518
Type Adjunct Faculty Part-time
Colorado State University-Global Campus delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelors completion and Masters Programs in career relevant fields, CSU-Global Campus is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online university has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The university offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates every semester and a simplified enrollment process.
About Colorado State University-Global Campus:
Colorado State University-Global Campus is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement.
Job Description: The faculty member in the Small Business & Entrepreneurship program should:
- Communicate effectively with students through our Learning Management System (LMS), Schoology including video updates.
- Have academic plus a practitioner background in entrepreneurship and innovation or small business management.
- Adhere to all CSU-Global Faculty Expectations including:
- Presence in the online classroom a minimum of 5 days per week, one being on a weekend.
- Ability to conduct a minimum of 2 – 1 hour live sessions per term using our communication tool, Zoom.
- Grade and provide detailed feedback on all assignments (critical thinking assignments and discussion board) within 72 hours of assignment due date. This includes feedback on APA format, writing structure, the use of critical thinking skills and research skills.
- Actively respond to student emails and requests within 24 hours.
CSU-Global courses are 8 weeks in length. Course appointments are awarded on a term to term basis and are based on university enrollment. Employment is considered part time/temporary. Compensation is competitive and includes a contribution to a retirement account. Background checks and reference checks are required of all candidates
Must have a terminal degree in business administration (PhD, DBA).
For consideration, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
Please note, your resume/CV should clearly reflect the following information:
- Course Code, Title of Course and dates and university courses were taught
- Publications listed in APA format
- Date and title of Conference Presentations
- University and community engagement