National, United States
The SEM Analyst will research, plan, build and manage campaigns for Goodway’s paid search offering. The SEM Analyst should be able to independently advise on SEM planning & execution that aligns with the advertiser’s overall objectives. The ability to think creatively and strategically is essential and he or she should be able to draw upon prior knowledge & experience in order to support a variety of different industry verticals. The SEM analyst will work primarily to support internal sales and operations teams but will also need to work directly with clients on more involved issues. His or her primary function will be to ensure that all campaigns exceed established performance and service benchmarks by expertly managing the entire campaign life cycle.
- Research and create paid search proposals/IOs that incorporate appropriate spending levels, CPC estimates, and keyword recommendations.
- Research and prepare launch docs containing keywords, recommend ad-group strategy, ad copy, and any other campaign-parameter recommendations specific to a situation as needed.
- Launch campaigns via AdWords and Bing that are structured in alignment with client goals.
- Manage bid and keyword optimizations and budget throughout life of campaign to achieve the best use of the client’s budget based on desired user actions.
- Proactively contribute meaningful insights and recommendations on all campaigns to improve performance.
- Accurately define KPIs, performance goals and benchmarks for clients.
- Create & pull reports using various reporting platforms such as AdWords, Bing or Tableau.
- Organize and maintain all important job-related documents on Goodway’s shared drive (VPN).
- Prepare weekly job summaries for team calls and any other ad hoc reporting required to communicate campaign performance.
- Contribute to Goodway’s knowledge base by updating and sharing information via Confluence and Yammer.
- Serve as the main SEM point of contact for Goodway sales teams on dedicated accounts and have occasional client contact.
- Stay up to date on the evolving offerings within the SEM landscape.
- Perform any other tasks as required to successfully manage accounts or support the overall SEM team.
- Minimum 3 years of paid search experience
- Strong ad-copy development skills and knowledgeable of overall search strategy for a variety of industry verticals and campaign types
- Google Ads (certification required) and Google Ads editor
- Bing AdCenter
- Google Analytics
- 3rd party search management platforms such as Marin, Kenshoo or Doubleclick Search
- Strong knowledge of digital environments and overall Internet savvy
- High technical aptitude for learning and working within desktop and web-based applications (Windows, Microsoft Office, ad platforms); proficiency with database-driven reporting and ability to work with large data sets; strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel & other MS Office applications
- Ability to calculate and analyze data, especially data based on standard digital advertising cost-per metrics (CPM, CPC, CPA, etc.)
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong long-distance communication skills using email, instant messenger platforms, and phone
- Ability to prioritize and manage frequent demands from multiple clients (internal & external)
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment and work well with cross-functional teams and varied communication styles
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Desire to work from home
- Demonstrates Self Awareness
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Cultivates Innovation
- Ensures Accountability