SDET at Clipboard Health
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. The average nursing assistant without a college degree makes $36k a year; the average nursing assistant on Clipboard Health makes $53k a year and the top 5% make $74k a year. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time & ambition into career growth. We have healthcare professionals texting us photos of a car they were finally able to buy, a school & church they’re building in their native Haiti with money they earn here, and more.
We achieve this by working with healthcare facilities such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, and rehab centers to provide on-demand nursing staff. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when they want, and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to get staff when they need it.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a Series C, an extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the healthcare staffing industry. We’re a post-product-market fit with substantive revenue.
Clipboard Health is a diverse and inclusive company with a globally remote team of 600+ people. We’ve been featured on YC’s Top Companies and grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. We need your help to keep growing so we can serve more healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, and patients.
What’s weird about working with us?
- We care, a lot. Our CEO spends substantial time regularly doing customer service, and many of our healthcare professionals and healthcare facility clients have her personal cell phone number.
- We are globally distributed. Just on the engineering team we have folks from: the United States, Chile, Mongolia, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Columbia… and that’s just from folks who’ve joined us so far this year.
- We take our values seriously: our COO literally has a handmade Curiosity Initiative and Ownership sign on his wall (you’ll see it if you videocall him).
- We have more engineers than we “need” on purpose. It makes us fast (many features go from idea to production in 2-4 weeks). It also allows small teams to see a problem, and just go fix it. A team went off and created a new SaaS product, another team rewrote a core service under a new architecture.
- One thing we value is that we have no “toes” here to be stepped on. See a problem? Go ahead and fix it, you don’t need permission.
- A quick search on the SDET role would tell you that a Software Development Engineer in Test is someone who can work effectively doing both manual and automation testing in a Sprint.
- At CBH we are growing at a high pace and that means, we cannot afford to work in silos between manual and automation testers. Experience has shown that the quickest way to test and automate is when the person who “knows how system works” is also the person who can “quickly automate it” at the next best opportunity (say in the early next sprint, when workload is low).
- Our goal is to have distributed QA presence in each Scrum team, where new SDETs will be responsible for both testing and automating new features from their sprints. If you think this is you, then we will be happy to hear from you.
- In this job, we expect that:
You’re good at:
- Juggling between both manual and automation testing.
- Love doing both types of testing, without feeling disinterest for one type or another.
- Have a balanced experience doing both types of testing.
- Have clear understanding and experience with different types of testing such as (exploratory, integration, system and end to end testing)
- Have solid automation knowledge and experience writing clean code and designing readable/maintainable test frameworks.
- Designing, building and maintaining, mobile, web and/or API test automation.
- Proactive and clear communication with stakeholders to communicate product quality issues and identify root cause.
- Participating in the full software development cycle from feature spec and design to deployment and release.
- Passionate about writing clean and maintainable code.
Extra Awesome if you are:
- A fan of the speed of startups, having worked at one or more (including maybe your own) before.
- Familiar with some of the testing frameworks or services like (Selenium, Appium, Rest Assured).
- Familiar working with any continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins, GitHub actions, GCB, Azure DevOps, Circle CI etc).
- Familiar working with Dockers.
- Familiar working and testing microservices and building frameworks that can test these microservices in isolation.
- Familiar with more advanced automation topics, such as security and performance testing
Perks of Working with us:
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help
- Zero commute. Work wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours.
- A team of QAs, that would love to learn from you and share with you their experience and knowledge to build awesome test and automation practices!