Job Location: Home Office
In this key role, you will be a Scrum Master within our product development team building the next generation of products. You will act as an evangelist of all things Good and all things agile. You will apply expert judgment to keep teams focused, remove impediments and deliver success in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You must be wired for continuous improvement, understand the power of the retrospective, name that PDCA tune, and have the ability to power a highly collaborative, delivery-focused team.
Success in the role requires you to support and enable the success of your team, develop stellar cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization, and demonstrate strong technical skills and business acumen. You should have a keen sense of personal accountability and be excited by the challenge of working in an Agile and innovative environment. You should also have a track record in similar environments, preferably product, but project will do as well. If you know what CBT means and understand both big data and HIPAA, that is a definite plus!
To you, servant leadership is not an arcane term, but rather the blood that courses through your veins. Basically, your qualification for this job is the ability to ‘Make Things Happen’. Your objective is to lead the team towards the Product Owner’s vision and you control your team with a light touch. If you have worked in Scrum teams, you know what this is all about, but here are the specifics.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Be a Scrum Master for multiple related scrum teams (e.g., product development and tier 3 support).
- Facilitate the ceremonies for planning, stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives with team and Product Owner.
- Help organize and lead the backlog grooming sessions and be able to conduct remedial training if so necessary.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent teams from delivering on stated objectives
- Lead and contribute to the decision making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Embrace, coach, and evangelize agile values and principles in the team and across the organization.
- Focus more on delivery and results rather than ideology
- Define and refine agile metrics to understand and communicate team performance.
- Work with management and other leaders to continually identify and implement team process improvements
- Participate in the leadership, transparency and visibility for the Product Development organization
- 3+ years working as a Scrum Master
- Experience with distributed teams
- 3+ years experience in agile development methodologies at scale, specifically SAFe, Scrum, Lean and/or Kanban
- Experience with Aha!, and something like Jira, Rally or Version One
- Experience with Story Mapping concepts